Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oh, Bummer! care

From Fred Barnes;

Ponder this: Had Obamacare been created as a private enterprise with Obama as CEO, it wouldn’t have lasted a week. Not only would the stumbling company have been put out of business, so would its incompetent CEO. And we’d all—well, most of us—be better off.

Reality!
    "A man with a firearm is a citizen... a man without one is a subject"

On HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebilius' appearance in the House of Representatives today . . . .

After 4 hours of questioning, posturing, and pandering, we learned absolutely nothing except "I Know Nothing!" or . . "I'll get back to you on that!"

Obama hasn't even offered to "Get back to Us on that!"

Not making much headway . . Of course I didn't expect much, so I'm not disappointed.

Default Oferchrissake!

Several times during the House Committee's grilling of Kathkeen Sebilius yesterday, Democrats on the committee whined about the "Republican Resistance" to the ACA and how it goes on and on.

Congressman Henry Waxman (D-CA), who has made a career of ideological witch hunts and smash-mouth partisanship, wants a cease-fire over Obamacare, or so he says.

Waxman was picking up a common liberal theme: It’s not fair that Republicans continue to oppose the president’s eponymous health care law and pick at its failures, deceits and irrationalities. If only they were more reasonable.

Hmmm, they weren't interested in getting Republican assistance when the Democratic Legislature in both houses shoved the ACA down the country's throat without a single Republican vote for it.

It would seem to me that the Democrats in Congress and "Their President" built it, sold it and now don't want to honor the warranty. They own it, lock, stock and barrel!

As 47% of those polled yesterday said, "Rebuild it or Repeal it!"

Only 37% said they'd keep it . .

As i have said before, All the Republicans need to do is stand back and let the Progressives shoot themselves in the foot.

Quit looking like the bad guy, and let them look like the idiots they are . . .
    Last edited by large; 10-31-2013 at 09:00 AM.

Funny how the Democrats come up with something that doesn't work and then blame it on the Republicans.

lol
    Opinions expressed by me are mine only and are not in any way, shape, or form representative of the Pueblo Chieftain or Pueblo Community Forums.

Heh, heh, but I've only heard the name "Bush" once in the last two weeks . . .

Now it's ALL those "Godd@mned Republicans"!

You familiar with the witch hunts of Salem?

Apparently all of that hullabaloo was the result of ergot poisoning, which acts a little like LSD. It was a fungus in the grain - either wheat or rye - and they ingested it and for years this baloney went on.

Sometimes I think of that and wonder if there is something similar going on - are we ingesting something that's causing this inability to think straight?

I'm seeing issues on all sides here - ALL the parties are acting stupid.

While I respect the rights of individuals to their beliefs and their ways - I think I may have discovered something about the way people process things, and I discovered that while reading about a facebook joke that's being called "The Giraffe Riddle".

I noticed that my friends who were conservative answered it one way, and my friends who were liberal answered it another. THEN - when I read a couple of articles - one in the HuffPost, and one on CNN - and I saw the arguments therein among the commenters - it was totally amazing how they justified their answers. I could not believe my eyes - the way these people explained where they came up with their answers was very telling about the way they process information, and the two different ways I noticed people processing were almost mirror images of each other - it was incredible what I saw.

Dang blang it - I wish I had a degree in sociology and psychology right now so I could discuss my findings authoritatively - but I don't, so I can't - but I will say that if an untrained person like me can pick up on this stuff, so should others be able to. Unless I'm just plain gifted or something.

Anyway I'm going to be writing about my findings on my new website called the Weekly Soapbox - I'll be sure to write about my findings.

MEANWHILE - anyone here interested in taking the poll may do so here. Only a few people have taken it so I can't really call it accurate or scientific - but if every person who I read comments from were to take that poll, I'd have some great stuff to go on. :-)
    Opinions expressed by me are mine only and are not in any way, shape, or form representative of the Pueblo Chieftain or Pueblo Community Forums.

The "poisoning" is called "Lack of Education" or the "Un-informed Voter" . . .

years ago, the Democratic party was known as "The Working Man's Party" . . Today, it's "The Non-Working Man's Party" . .

A full 50% or better of the Democrat voters either have no job or work part time, and another 40 to 45% are civil service employees or long time union members who believe all good things come from Government. The rest as well as a share of the "Independents" who always vote Democratic ticket fail to understand that when the government gives you something, they are taking that away from someone else. The government produces NOTHING! It only redistributes.

Partywise, the Repubicans try to convince us that they will "redistribute little", while the Democrats operate on the principle that they must "Redistribute it all" . . .

Just depends upon which bunch of liars you chose to believe, apparently . .

One more time . .

Wha'd I say? . . . A month into it and Obamacare is falling in under it's own weight . . . It's not really repairable, web site working or not . . The plans are too expensive, too comprehensive and more than a few people have lost their health insurance because of the law. Add to that, few have enrolled in the pay plans and many have enrolled in Medicaid . . So the whole thing's in the hole before it got started.

Second Wha'd I say? . . . Those RINO's are talking about "Fixing it" . . . And they haven't even won the Senate yet! And the Democrats are standing around patting them on the back . . They're "Compromising" . . .

What happened to the "Repeal Obamacare" cry by all those "moderate" Republicans last month? They're starting to make the TEA Party Republicans look like patriots!

People are saying that Obamacare was designed to fail and that it is really meant to distract people from a bigger issue.

Seems that Obama is good at distracting folks - could it be?

Got his own "Box O' Squirrels" . . .

But . . . This is his "Signature" piece of legislation. This is how he intended to start the "Socilization of America" by creating a program of "Health Insurance" that would then, literally collapse and force the government to take over the funding of and of course, the direction of, Health Care itself. Health Insurance was just the toe in the door.

But, coming from an Administration that has lived from one crisis (and/or "Scandal") to another, one can never be absolutely sure about what's next . .

I'll say it again, tho . . Obama and his crew are about the most inept appearing people ever to run this (or any other) country in history . . .
    Last edited by large; 11-13-2013 at 07:32 AM.