Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Oh, Bummer! care

WARNING!WARNING!WARNING!WARNING!WARNING!WARNING!WA RNING!WARNING!WARNING!WARNING!WARNING!WARNING!WARN ING!WARNING!

OK, now both the Democrats (most of whom have an election coming up in less than a year) and the "RINO's" (who want to protect their seats from TEA Party Republicans) have come up with several "Fixes" that will allow you to "Keep Your Insurance If You Like It!" . .

But beware of the frosting on the cake. It might appear to be OK but a closer look, in most cases, will reveal that the cake is made of the same crap they put in the original law, starting with a "Drop Dead date" of Jan. 2015 . . They're just "Kicking the can down the road" . . Something that Congress has gotten far too good at.

Remember the old song Mañana! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_g7166jUPqU

AND . . .

O'Bozo cannot, by Constitution, change this law, although he already has attempted to. If he does, he's acting outside the parameters given him by the Constitution which would put him in line for impeachment, although I'm not sure there's enough smart Republicans in the House of Representatives to do that. So far they haven't shown me much.
    "A man with a firearm is a citizen... a man without one is a subject"

Quote Originally Posted by large View Post
    O'Bozo cannot, by Constitution, change this law, although he already has attempted to. If he does, he's acting outside the parameters given him by the Constitution which would put him in line for impeachment, although I'm not sure there's enough smart Republicans in the House of Representatives to do that. So far they haven't shown me much.

BUT HE DID JUST THAT TODAY! . . . . And not a single Republican saying diddley sh*t about it!

More fallout from O'Bozo's speech (Mea Culpa? Don't think so . . ) yesterday . .

Effectively, he just put the blame back on the insurance companies. If they try to reinstate some of the policies that were cancelled, they probably will have to raise the premiums and some that are created specifically for individual clients cannot even come close to the ACA Parameters of "Comprehensive Health Care Insurance" which covers everything from Birth Control to AIDS (most of which most people don't need or want to pay for) so they will all be at the mercy of the Government's plan . . . whether it's in 2014 or 2015.

And several Republican Congressmen were asking Fox Reporters and Pundits; "Can He do that?"

These are the people who make our laws and yet, have no idea of the constitutional duties they assumed when they took office . . apparently O'Bozo has even convinced them that he can Legislate and they can't do anything about it . .

Default Obama is a sociopathic liar, Just like every Moslem he's been taught it's OK to lie.

So he says you can keep your plan PERIOD. Then when caught in a bald face repeated lie, he says he'll fix it. Then when congress, now consisting of some Democrats in jeopardy of losing their jobs, puts forth a bill, this is what happens:

Obama Issues Veto Threat for "Keep Your Plan" Legislation
    Katie Pavlich | Nov 15, 2013

If you want your plan, you can keep....veto! The House of Representatives is getting ready to vote on legislation today legalizing the reinstatement of lost insurance plans thanks to Obamacare. Essentially, the Keep Your Plan Act does exactly what President Obama administratively (and probably illegally) declared as a "fix" for mass insurance cancellations. Late-last night GOP Leader Eric Cantor revealed President Obama intends to veto the legislation should it pass and reach his desk for a signature.

I mean he lies to your face and then lies about the lie!

Don't know if this belongs here or in

Obama Misdirections, Lies, Deceptions and out and out intentional Distortion
    The difference between a welfare state and a totalitarian state is a matter of time - Ayn Rand

The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests”- Patrick Henry

Nope, this is when you need to start worrying about the security of our Republic . . I have said several times that we may never see the 2016 elections, and that may be excaberated by calling him on the carpet for abuse of power in the Executive Office. Even the dumber Republicans (and there's a lot of 'em!) are beginning to question the constitutionality of his "legislation from the podium". Matter of fact, today, I think a Democrat Congressman was actually the first to ask, publicly, "Can he do that?"

Then 39 Democrats voted for a house bill that will allow insurance companies to compete with the ACA plans. That one probably won't get past Harry Reid in the Senate . .

As the Democrats leave the sinking ship, if he can't get them all corralled pretty quick, and it becomes every man for himself for the Red State and Purple State Democrats, Obama may panic when he see's his "reign" coming to an end and if the House were to actually put together an impeachment, I fear his attempting to become "President for Life" through his HSA Police Force . . .

Scary thought, hmmmm?

I suppose the up side would be "Open Season on Liberals" . . Hmmmm?

It's about the legacy.

His "Legacy" went South yesterday, if not before . . .

The House Committee investigating Benghazi is asking for a Special Investigation, and Issa, yesterday mentioned a "Special Investigation" for both the James Rosen deal and the IRS/Lerner deal . . . He hasn't asked yet, but it was mentioned in an interview . .

Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    “We have to pass it, to find out what’s in it.”

A physician called into a radio show and said:

"That's the definition of a stool sample.”

That pretty well sums it up.

But . . Somewhere back aways, I postulated that the Republicans (and most Pundits) are free to criticize both the Democrat's full agenda and mores, the ACA or "Obamacare" . . And the Standard Democrat's answer to this criticism is: "you haven't proposed ANYTHING!" . . .

So what's the answer to all this? We realize that there's a need to make Health Insurance more competitive by allowing these companies and their plans to cross state lines, and we know there's a need to regulate, probably, the Tort laws from state to state and to put the Ambulance chasers out of business while making Health care safer for the consumers.

There also is a need to include the poor in some sort of health program where they have acceptable levels of health care, probably nothing more than the present Medicaid "expanded" . . Unfortunately, the Hospitals and clinics will still be stuck with either extremely low reimbursement or no reimbursement at all in cases where the client cannot afford either the deductable or the co-pay in the cases of some who are insured. Of course, there's the "Offsets' that hospitals and clinics receive in some cases, but in the end, the insured will still shoulder some or all of the costs that those hospitals incur. It's just simple math. The Hospitals and clinics cannot be expected to operate at losses incurred when treating the poor and indigent and payment has to come from either the premium paying insured or the Federal Government, which turns out to be? The premium paying insured.

There's no way around this. If EVERYONE is going to have Health Care in this country, at a standard that all seem to believe they are entitled to, then, in one way or another, those who can pay, will pay, for everybody . . .

BUT . . Again, HEALTH CARE is not a RIGHT, it's an individual's option to use or to ignore. And the rest of society should not have to pay a penalty for an individual's decisions. The risks involved with pre-existing conditions should be shouldered by those who ignored their condition until they had to seek medical care for it. They should be entitled to the benefits of insurance contracts with the health care industry but should have to pay the high risk premiums that they tried to avoid until they needed it. That's their fine . . .

As far as Obama's (and his supporter's) argument that they want to keep Insurance companies from canceling plans when the payer becomes a liability, that's not necessarily an across the table problem. Most reputable Health Insurance Companies don't have a policy that requires cancellation of a policy because a customer is diagnosed or treated for Cancer or Diabetes (for example) and they don't. In my oewn instance, in 2001 I was diagnosed with Prostate Cancer. I was a customer of Rocky Mountain Health. They never blinked, they never dictated what treatment iwas to receive, and when I was accepted into an Experimental Study Group being performeed by Penrose Cancer Clinic and Stanford's Radiological Oncology Group, they, again, never blinked. Nor did our supplemental who paid the co-pays . . Nor did they raise the premiums according to the benefit payouts. Were I not forced onto Medicare by the prevailing Government regulations, I would probably still be a customer of RMHS, so in my case, at least, Obama and the Democrats are full of crap!

And I do not believe for a new york minute that I'm an exception. I'd rather believe those who have those horror stories about cancellations and premium increases are the exceptions. And in a lot of those cases, the Client did not understand what the policy they held involved. Most neither understood the insurance company's liabilities of contract (In most cases this involves high deductables and "Catastrophic Policies") of coverage. My wife sees this daily in her job as a Dr's Office manager. People run up bills with their co-pay while assuming or believing the insurance company is paying the full bill, or they ask for treatments or procedures that their insurance either doesn't cover or because of their deductible, doesn't pay for. And then they get pissed when they are told (usually, more than once) that they have to pay out of pocket for those services. And in a lot of cases, the patient then ends up being sent to collections because they either refuse to pay or just blow it off . . . Very few people, actually, understand much more about their Health Insurance other than the premium falls due every month and it's "Too D@mned High!".

My nickel . . discussion?

The whole idea of making either Health Care or Health Care Insurance cheaper, either by mandate or capitalism is a farce, told to the American Public by dreaming or greedy Politicians. PERIOD!

In 1960 only 10% of those diagnosed with Leukemia survived . . Today, the remission rate is around 90%. Why? Because of technology and science! But those technologies and research don't come cheap, and like the common commodity, Gasoline, which has increased in price from about 35 cents a gallon to the current $3 plus, everything associated with Internal Medicine has increased in cost comparatively.

As an example, a State of Art MRI machine costs about $5 million in place. Try amortizing that over the 3 year period that it takes to become obsolete! And do it cheaply! It has to be running 24/7 at the contracted reimbursements they're receiving from most insurance companies now!

BUT . . Medicare's reimbursement for an office call at the average Doctor's office is still around $30 and is probably, through Obamacare, going to be smaller. How many Physicians can operate an office or clinic on those returns? Very few!

Cheap Health care is a dream or a hope. And you're going to get what you pay for, no matter who's doing the paying!