Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your Advice to Voters

There is another Christian value of taking care of the poor. Romney would change Medicare to a voucher system which is almost guaranteed to make every old person poor eventually. Eventually, there will be a copay that will bankrupt them.

He would eliminate or reduce many earned benefits while dismissing them as entitlements. The people who lose these will become poor.

He would make it harder for mentally or physically disabled people to receive help.

I respect a person that makes the decision to vote based on two issues. But calling a person who feels abortion and gay rights won't change much regardless of the party isn't following a false faith because they choose to vote another way. Those aren't the only two issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Gershon View Post
    There is another Christian value of taking care of the poor. Romney would change Medicare to a voucher system which is almost guaranteed to make every old person poor eventually. Eventually, there will be a copay that will bankrupt them.
    Show me exactly where either Romney, Ryan, or the Republican Platform says that . . You're as much a liar as Obama is when he says that . . Did Obama challenge Romney on that last Wednesday? Hell no! Because Romney stood there and explained what the "voucher" deal was and who it would affect (for the better) . . Obama said exactly nothing in reply . .

I understand it, apparently better than you do. I draw SS and You don't (or shouldn't) and I understand what they are trying to do. Apparently you cannot add or multiply. SS is going broke because another of your Messiahs (FDR) created a system that would be illegal if anyone but the Government did it, and mandated that we all pay into it. Now, after the Democrats took all the money (LBJ and the 69th Congress) and left an IOU, it's another of those "Treasury Department Debts" that your grandchildren are/were going to have to pay . . The voucher deal won't change a d@mned thing for me or my wife, but if you're under 55 it'll be a different deal with you contributing to your own individual plan. You'll have more skin in the game and the government will have less . .

He would eliminate or reduce many earned benefits while dismissing them as entitlements. The people who lose these will become poor.
    Another lie . . Where is that stated? Quote the particular statement or provide the full passage from the Platform or proposal. In your case, you might be affected because Romney, and a good share of Congress on both sides, favor "Means Testing" . . If that bothers you, I'm gonna guess that you're "Double Dipping" . .

He would make it harder for mentally or physically disabled people to receive help.
    Again, prove that to be a fact and not an ObamaLie . . Again, Romney (and the Republicans in general) favor "State's Rights and Responsibility" or the 10th Amendment (you lefties tend to forget about that piece of paper most of the time) instead of making the federal government just one big mommy . .

I respect a person that makes the decision to vote based on two issues. But calling a person who feels abortion and gay rights won't change much regardless of the party isn't following a false faith because they choose to vote another way. Those aren't the only two issues.
    those two issues shouldn't even be in the discussion. I don't care who you sleep with and I don't care if you get an abortion every week, but I d@mned sure don't believe in paying for any of it . . You pay for your own peccadilloes. It's called "Being Responsible for your actions" . .

Here's another thing that should be considered. How much respect does the candidates have for the ruleset parameters they are governing in? Or . . Which one tends to be bound by the Constitution by what he says and does? We know the one currently in charge certainly doesn't abide by the Constitution a whole lot, both in statements made and actions taken . .
    Last edited by large; 10-06-2012 at 10:21 AM.
    "A man with a firearm is a citizen... a man without one is a subject"

----
    The Christian is to take care of the poor in the process it opens the doors to talk them about Christ is different then the Government taken care of the poor, which can lead to enslavement to Government hand outs.

---
    Government control is causing more people to beome poor under Mr. Obama then ever before. 47.5 million people on foodstamps thanks to Mr. Obama.

---
    Again resorting to fear in order to get people to vote for someone is awful

---
    comments like that makes me question your relationship to the Jewish Faith. That fact that someone claims to be part of a certain faith, but time and time promotes ideas that are in conflict with his/ her faith makes me question if they are only claiming that faith in order to win elections.
    Last edited by Pastor Roy; 10-08-2012 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gershon View Post
    This will be slowly phased in and a grandfather clause allowed. Just as is done now, the State will pick up the slack. States have actually done better than the Feds at rooting out corruption and fraud.

Again it will be slowly phased in and the State pick up the slack.

Again the states will pick up the slack. They always have.

The unspoken claim is it takes the federal government to do things right. The unspoken claim is the States cannot be trusted.

On the Medicare thing . . It will go broke if it's left to the Democrats (at this point they don't want to do anything) . . And broke quicker if Obama is allowed to raid the funds for his 30 million poor people and un-insurables.

It's very difficult to find a doctor who will accept the minimal payments medicare makes now. I can't imagine how many we'll lose when they take $716 billion out of it . . And that's money that those collecting it now have paid into it . . Not so much for the 30 million "Votes" the "Annointed One" is buying . .

I'm not so sure that the Republicans have found the best solution on Medicare and the Health Insurance Question, but probably, the states should be given back the money and let them handle it . . The Federal government has no business in Health Care . . It's too slow in response to either changing situations or pricing/paying . . It cannot even maintain contracted services and a standard reimbursement rate . . Currently we're still waiting on the Congress to get it right on the "Doc Fix" . . Last I knew, it hadn't been voted on yet . . Or signed into law . .

On the State's handling of Health Care Insurance, you'll have to figure out whether you're going to put the insurance companies out of business or walk the fine line between innovation and regulation . . Massachussets doesn't have the best kind of deal, but, according to some, it's better than any Federally managed service can be . .

There are so many things wrong with Medicare right now, that if you're aware of them, you wonder how it's lasted as long as it has . . And the biggest thing is the Government's rulesets and response time . . It sucks . .

But, it's better than nothing . .

On my last post i read "Social Security" where Medicare actually was . . Sorry, but I'm still right on Obama's line of crap about The Republican's proposed SS Fix . . .

NOw Mr. Obama and his people are blaming John Kerry for Mr. Obama failure at the debae

The Chicago Bunch will blame anyone but themselves . .

I look to see the Biden/Ryan deal end up the same way, with the worshippers leaving the O'Blamer Boat like Rats leaving a sinking ship, and as long as Romney holds their feet to the fire over their record for the last four to six years, and looking at nothing more than four of the same, it could turn around . . And In Messiahopolis (Los Angeles), the people there are getting tired of $5 a gallon Gasoline and the other costs it creates . . There, Obama/Biden are running out of people to blame . . It may come home to bite them on the Butts . .