Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your Advice to Voters

Pastor Roy, I'm interested in what you said about values. Care to elaborate?

Everyone - last call, I start writing on Monday - I'll give you a sneak preview of sorts:

One of the things I'm delving in to is the demeanor of the candidates. A person's demeanor says a lot about them - how they handle themselves in times of pressure, and how they represent the people as a whole, regardless of the issues.

About 95% of the communication process is one's demeanor - their body language, their tone of voice, their manners (or lack thereof) - that sort of thing. Are they gracious and respectful of other people's boundaries? Do they have boundaries of their own, and if so, in what manner do they enforce their own boundaries?

And then there's the aspect of their personalities: Are they complainers? Are they problem solvers? What leadership qualities do they possess? And, just what is leadership, anyway?

When a person stops to think about it, does the candidate they are voting for possess the qualities of good leadership, personal responsibility, and a decent demeanor?

So those are some of the things I'll be getting in to. I won't be getting into the issues themselves, as I'll be focusing more on how issues are addressed - there's a lot to go on and this is something I should have started sooner, methinks, because its going to take a series of articles to say what needs to be said.

And the reason why I'm doing this is to educate the public - there is a far bigger picture out there than many people realize - I'm very concerned about the future of this country and how people don't seem to have the ability to understand that decisions today can be critical tomorrow.

So any more advice or discussion you have to offer is welcome - this won't be only one article.
    Opinions expressed by me are mine only and are not in any way, shape, or form representative of the Pueblo Chieftain or Pueblo Community Forums.

Pastor Roy, I'm interested in what you said about values. Care to elaborate?
    ----
    The values one hold effects how someone handles pressure. How they handle conflict. How they handle people when they disagree with them. What laws they push for and what laws they fight against.

How do they views values are show in their voting and the ideas they push.

Great example is look at Mr. Reid and Mr. Romney both claim to be Mormons, but one values are in conflict with his church values and it is shown in how he votes and the ideas he pushes.

You can also look at former Speaker of the House Nancy and Paul Ryan, both claim to be catholic,, but one values are in conflict with his / her church values and it is shown in how he / she votes and the ideas he / she pushes.

Mr. Obama claims to be a Christian, but his decision on what church to go to, brings into question his relationship with Christ, the values he is pushing and promoting brings into question his relationship with Christ.

So the idea is this if someone can not be true to the values of the faith he or she claims to involved with, how then can someone trust them to keep their promises.
    Last edited by Pastor Roy; 10-05-2012 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pastor Roy View Post
    How do they views values are show in their voting and the ideas they push.

Great example is look at Mr. Reid and Mr. Romney both claim to be Mormons, but one values are in conflict with his church values and it is shown in how he votes and the ideas he pushes.

You can also look at former Speaker of the House Nancy and Paul Ryan, both claim to be catholic,, but one values are in conflict with his / her church values and it is shown in how he votes and the ideas he pushes.

Mr. Obama claims to be a Christian, but his decision on what church to go to, brings into question his relationship with Christ, the values he is pushing and promoting brings into question his relationship with Christ.

So the idea is this if someone can not be true to the values of the faith he or she claims to involved with, how then can someone trust them to keep their promises.
    One cannot follow their faith and be a politician. Eventually the platform of each party will cause the person to have to make a choice. The only way for this to be possible would be in a Theocracy. That seldom works out with groups where people are not free to leave.

People on the left keep coming up with reason for their leaders failure to obey the values systems of their faith.

The fact is Mr. Reid is a Mormon in name only, former Speaker of the House Nancy is a cathiolic in name only and Mr. Obama is a Christian in name only.

The values these people promote are in conflict with their faith, so if they can not obey their faith how can we trust them to keep their words.

If my values and my faith tell me that the killing of the unborn is wrong, then how can I support a person who is promoting it and a party that is promoting, and still be true to my values?

If my values and my faith tell me that marriage is only between one man and one woman, then how can I support a person who is promoting something else and a party that is promoting something else, and still be true to my values?

This has been the struggle for the African American Christian, do I vote my values which puts me in line with the Republican Party or do I vote my Government hand out or based on the color of my skin, which puts me in line with the Dem Party. To many of them have decide to vote against their values.

(The reason I stated African American Christian, because they preach one thing and vote another. The white liberal churches no longer are part of the Christian Faith, because they no longer believe God's Word is true)

Ephesians 4:14 that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting
    Last edited by Pastor Roy; 10-05-2012 at 02:12 PM.

If someone is willing to surrender their values to obtain political power, the question must be asked what else they are willing to surrender to hold onto power.

If Mr. Reid, former Speaker of the House Nancy, and Mr. Obama, were part of the faith groups that they claim to be, (an their views and votes have put them in conflict with their faith groups)the question must be ask is what is more important to them, their values or their political power and why have they surrender their faith and their values, in order to obtain those political offices.

Good points about abortion, Pastor Roy.
    Opinions expressed by me are mine only and are not in any way, shape, or form representative of the Pueblo Chieftain or Pueblo Community Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    Good points about abortion, Pastor Roy.
    all 3 group are pro-life and Mr. Reid, former Speaker of the House Nancy, and Mr. Obama are all pre-death. THis is also a case where the groups should speak out and point that these people are not being faithful to their groups values.. THe Christian's have done it to Mr. Obama.