Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Advice to Voters

Default Your Advice to Voters

I'm going to be writing an article next week for Pueblo Community Online about "how to vote" and I'd love YOUR input! (The article needs to post Monday, October 7, so we have a week or so to discuss this)

What advice have you to offer voters on choosing the right person for the job (or whether a ballot initiative is a good idea)?

THE RULE: Don't tell anyone who or what to vote for, rather educate them, briefly and in a general sense, on various things they should take into consideration when deciding who or what to vote for. Examples using current candidates is okay, but try to label them as "Candidate A" "Candidate B" or "incumbent". Or I might edit the comment for that using brackets so people and the reason for this is to level the playing field. People will KNOW who you're talking about, but I don't want the story to come off as "anti-" or "pro-" so as to not scare away potential readers.

Chances are, I will quote your posts (or parts of them) "as is", so watch your spelling and grammar - and I will use your forum name, not your real one.

Now, the reason I'm putting this topic separate from the other topics is that it's easier for ME to have one place to look rather than perusing through all of the boards in the forum.

Thanks for your help!
    Opinions expressed by me are mine only and are not in any way, shape, or form representative of the Pueblo Chieftain or Pueblo Community Forums.

Sandra,

Feel free to delete this post if it generates discussion that obfuscates the topic.

My advice would be to pick a somewhat neutral news source on the internet and read the comments. Then vote for the candidate whose followers you would like to associate with.
    Last edited by Gershon; 09-29-2012 at 08:46 AM.

The best candidate versus the perfect candidate.

In multiple choice test questions the instructions say "Pick the best answer". I rarely have found an answer I totally agreed with but if I searched for the BEST answer I usually got a great score on the test.

To study for the test (election) study information that is as unbiased as possible. There is no perfect information but some is more bester than others.

I'm surprised I haven't seen more people participating on this - especially right now as we get so close to the election.
    Opinions expressed by me are mine only and are not in any way, shape, or form representative of the Pueblo Chieftain or Pueblo Community Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc.N View Post
    The best candidate versus the perfect candidate.

In multiple choice test questions the instructions say "Pick the best answer". I rarely have found an answer I totally agreed with but if I searched for the BEST answer I usually got a great score on the test.

To study for the test (election) study information that is as unbiased as possible. There is no perfect information but some is more bester than others.
    I did something like this with the platforms for each party. I imported them to Excel and put a score next to each paragraph that interested me. I think the final score was 429 for one and 400 for the other.

There were things I liked and disliked in both platforms.

That's not a bad idea, Gershon. Comparative analysis.

First of all, understand the basic Issues that confront the COUNTRY . . Forget personality, word salad, and all the ads you've seen/heard on the media . .

What can candidate O or R do for the economic situation the country is being confronted with?

And based upon that question and it's answer, is, "What has Candidate O or R done in his history that might rectify the situation . . . ?

Or . . what is his history with similar situations ?

How much wealth either has is a moot point because both are multimillionaires.

Both of them get their campaign money from the banking and investment business.

Neither have actually put forth a plan to turn the economy around.

Remember, basically, the economy and it's improvement is the ONLY issue that is confronting the country and either of the Candidates, when and if, one of them is successful . . .

No other issue is close to being even secondary . . .
    "A man with a firearm is a citizen... a man without one is a subject"

values must count for something.

Quote Originally Posted by Pastor Roy View Post
    Probably not this election . . It's a case of being able to understand what makes the world economics tick and turning around what's going to be a world "DEPRESSION" if it isn't.

To date, the current administration has done little to change the direction of a "Recession" that was supposed to be over since September 2009 . . But it isn't. Unemployment is worse than that date or before, the cost of living is almost 5% higher, the cost of utilities (With the exception of Natural Gas) has skyrocketed (as Obama said it would) and people have lost over $2000 dollars in annual income. So, effectively, nothing much has happened except that we're $6 trillion dollars in farther debt, and in January of 2013, we're going to see Congress and a President, once again, mix it up over increasing the debt ceiling . . and another Trillion Dollars borrowed . .

On the other hand, the other "Magician" hasn't disclosed where he hid the rabbit or the hat . . . either . . .

Pastor, "Values" are a "Perceived" thing, not a proven one . . Especially when you're looking for them in a Political Candidate . .

This is an addendum to this post, regarding my last post about both candidates being Millionaires . .

The difference is one made his money in Politics and the other in the Business world . . Does that tell you anything?

Take your pick . . .
    "A man with a firearm is a citizen... a man without one is a subject"

Quote Originally Posted by Pastor Roy View Post
    All the issues are based on values of concern to voters.