Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Domestic Violence in Pueblo

On the "bail being better spent" . . Most of those people don't consider this . . It's nothing more than the "Cost of Doing Business" to them, whether they're financially independent or don't have a pot to p*ss in . . I used to know a gal who'd make the rounds of all her relatives, once a month, borrowing (and never paying back) enough to get "Fat Chuck" to bail her Live in Boyfriend out of jail. To this day, as far as I know, they still live together and he still beats the Hell out of her (never touches the kids) on the average of once a month . . Dunno if she ever ran out of relatives to borrow from, but probably not.

As for a "Limit"? Not practical. Sooner or later, unanswered abuse calls end up with a homicide or a Police standoff. When outsiders are involved, sh*t happens . . .

Practicality would say that once a couple has been in custody twice for Domestic Violence and assault, a judge should issue a restraining order to have them kept completely apart with no communications of any sort. But that's against the same laws that guarantee us our freedoms . . So it doesn't (and won't) happen.

On the "kick a Bully's @ss and cure the problem". Not really. One of the reasons a guy beats his wife is because he can . . But If I or any outsider went and kicked his @ss and told him that it was a direct result of his abuse of his wife, the next @ss kicking in order would be, again, his wife . . . I have known a lot of guys who would beat up on their wives, and most of them aren't bullies. They might be type A personalities, but as often as not, around others, they're pretty mellow. You'd never guess. It's generally Booze and verbal attacks that bring it on and nobody knows how to verbally attack a man like a wife who's lived with him for several years . . They know where all the skeletons are and how to dig 'em up! Just push the right button, and BINGO! A Right Hook! Oddly, they do it all over and over . . Go figure . .

Bottom line is here. When you fight more than you F---, then you need to find a new friend! And if either one of you ever feel the need to swing at the other, you're done . . Get away as fast as you can, at all cost!
    "A man with a firearm is a citizen... a man without one is a subject"

One of the reasons a guy beats his wife is because he can . . But If I or any outsider went and kicked his @ss and told him that it was a direct result of his abuse of his wife, the next @ss kicking in order would be, again, his wife . . .
    Yeah, good point. Maybe instead I should have said that the abusee should be taught how to fight back and then be given free reign on him.

And, uh, any man who beats on his wife is a bully, whether you think so or not. Maybe they aren't bullying you, or others, but they're sure as heck bullying her. And that also goes for women who beat their men, too.

PS I like your last line. lol
    Opinions expressed by me are mine only and are not in any way, shape, or form representative of the Pueblo Chieftain or Pueblo Community Forums.