Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Zimmerman/Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    As for Zimmerman, I don't think the shooting itself was racially motivated, but by all appearances, Zimmerman's many calls to 911 reporting suspicious black males (one of them being a young child) he was apparently uncomfortable with black males.
    Not so much . . he wasn't when he was tutoring them . . or apparently when dealing with their parents in the due course of that tutoring. On the other hand, when the majority of crimes in Black (and some White) areas in the South are perpetuated by young black males, and when you live in those areas and there are young black males there that either don't belong or are strangers to the neighborhood, whether you call it "Profiling" or not, you tend to call about "Young Black Males" that are there, not about "Old White Men" who aren't . .

Now, on that particular thing, it has been stated (although I haven't seen a census) that the "Gated Community" that this occurred in, has at least as many (or more by some estimates) Black occupants as it does White and (in Zimmerman's case) Latino and other groups . . Thus, when viewed strictly in the numerical sense, there shouldn't be any racial bias attached. Black Citizens have just as much to fear from "Suspicious Black Young Men" as does the White and Latino families in that neighborhood . . And the Black families that live there will tell you that . . with the exception of Trayvon's mother . . Who was visiting . . .
    "A man with a firearm is a citizen... a man without one is a subject"

True - so it really makes no sense, does it?

Police reports indicate that there were over 400 calls to police from that community - and 8 burglaries. I don't remember the time span, though - if that was in a year or what. But it still shows some amount of activity in the area.
    Opinions expressed by me are mine only and are not in any way, shape, or form representative of the Pueblo Chieftain or Pueblo Community Forums.

Here's an interesting twist:

Guess who is Sanford's new interim Police Chief? None other than former Colorado Springs Police Chief Richard Myers.
    http://www.gazette.com/articles/sanf...4-fla-new.html

Apparently a news station down there got a hold of a news source [north of Pueblo] digging for dirt.
    Opinions expressed by me are mine only and are not in any way, shape, or form representative of the Pueblo Chieftain or Pueblo Community Forums.

True - so it really makes no sense, does it?

Police reports indicate that there were over 400 calls to police from that community - and 8 burglaries. I don't remember the time span, though - if that was in a year or what. But it still shows some amount of activity in the area.
    Sandra, if you had 8 break ins in your neighborhood, you, as well as most of the residents, would be raising more hell than the alligator did when the pond went dry, with, and to, anyone who would listen . . Not that you're a complainer (no worse than most, at least) but that's human nature . . And 8 break ins in any locality within a year would represent a "Rash" in law enforcement terms . .

It's kind of odd (maybe less odd than I'd think) but when the Police can't seem to bring a "Rash" of burgularies and break ins to a halt, the citizens first complain and then start up "Neighborhood Watch" programs, some more "Active" than others . . and you see the results of different situations when the "Citizen(s)" catch up to the criminals or the "Wanna be Look alikes" . . Sometimes they're more tragic than others . . BUT . . I don't see this particular one as very outstanding or even worthy of all the screaming, hollering and forming of lynch mobs . . It wasn't racial. Zimmerman was doing what, apparently, he had been blessed to do by his neighbors and peers on that night. The neighborhood he was "protecting" had been the target of burglars in short history. Trayvon was a stranger to the neighborhood and to Zimmerman.

Trayvon's race, apparently was indifferent to Zimmerman, although basic profiling in that city would indicate, by statistics, that the likely perps were probably Black. Just as basic Profiling of a burglary suspect in our town would probably be a Hispanic or Latino, somewhere between 14 and 35 . . Not out of predjudice, but numbers and common sense. I'm not even trying to say that all Blacks, Latinos or any other minority are naturally thieves, but numbers indicate where they are either a large minority or a local majority, a minority of them tend to be involved in criminal behavior . . Something you shouldn't try to deny . . Just another one of those facts of life . . Just like a city with 98% white people . . Chances are, 99% of the criminals who live there will be white . . between the ages of 14 to 30 . . . Numbers again . .

Problem is, 50 years ago, just about anyplace in the country, when a crime was committed, the odds of it being anyone but a white Male between 18 and 25 was remote . . Black and Latino Americans had better employment records than did their White American counterparts, had (proportionately) more two parent families, their children were more likely to receive a High School diploma, and in Black communities, those high school graduates had a better chance of achieving at least an associates degree in one college or another, even though those colleges might have been completely black . . For the most part, stastically, and proportionately, they did far better than did their White counterparts . . .

What happened?

Quote Originally Posted by large View Post
    What happened?
    Nothing. Nothing new.

From ancient Egyptian records from thousands of years ago there are clear records describing people with no sense of community but behavior diametrically opposite from "civilized" reflexes that lead to forming stable peaceful civilization.

These "invaders" defeated in war actions were supplied with structure imposed upon them so draconian we use the term "slaves" to describe it. Records describe governance was imposed upon them until they had proven themselves "civilized" to the point they were considered safe enough they could be allowed to enter society as reasonably qualified to not engage in predatory behaviors that would destabilize the "community".

Until relatively recent history we still commonly employed a choice between jail and structured military life to these personalities. It offered a choice between highly supervised service of military nature that could lead to retirements or incarceration as criminals (majorly supervised) to people of predatory reflexes that had little to no sense of peaceful stable community. Of course volunteers were gladly accepted as well due to their higher quality pro-civilization values.

Sandra, a woman showing most of her butt may not be considered an "Invitation to Rape" but it's an advertisement of some sort . .

As for the "hoodie" sweatshirt . . Of course it isn't an "Invitation to Kill" . . but when the wearer is beating the hell out of me . . the Hoodie is probably going to have a hole or two in it . . as will it's occupant . .

It ain't what you wear, it's what you do when you wear it!

Quote Originally Posted by large View Post
    Sandra, a woman showing most of her butt may not be considered an "Invitation to Rape" but it's an advertisement of some sort . .

As for the "hoodie" sweatshirt . . Of course it isn't an "Invitation to Kill" . . but when the wearer is beating the hell out of me . . the Hoodie is probably going to have a hole or two in it . . as will it's occupant . .

It ain't what you wear, it's what you do when you wear it!
    It's complicated Large, or so that's what the gals tell me.

One can take them at their word and move on to important things, like laundry and clipping toenails.

Attachment 1656

Life is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc.N View Post
    Nothing. Nothing new.

From ancient Egyptian records from thousands of years ago there are clear records describing people with no sense of community but behavior diametrically opposite from "civilized" reflexes that lead to forming stable peaceful civilization.

These "invaders" defeated in war actions were supplied with structure imposed upon them so draconian we use the term "slaves" to describe it. Records describe governance was imposed upon them until they had proven themselves "civilized" to the point they were considered safe enough they could be allowed to enter society as reasonably qualified to not engage in predatory behaviors that would destabilize the "community".

Until relatively recent history we still commonly employed a choice between jail and structured military life to these personalities. It offered a choice between highly supervised service of military nature that could lead to retirements or incarceration as criminals (majorly supervised) to people of predatory reflexes that had little to no sense of peaceful stable community. Of course volunteers were gladly accepted as well due to their higher quality pro-civilization values.
    I think you missed my point Marc . . . The question I was forcing (or perhaps the answer) was why have the minority communities gone from neighborhoods (segregated from the Whites, perhaps) but complete families to the "Ghettos' that we see today, still segregated, but with completely different values? It used to be, the normal Black (or Latino) family (50 years back) were people who went to work everyday (because they had jobs), raised their children (in two parent families) and told their kids to "Get and Education, so you'll have it better than we" . . . And were some of the Proudest Americans . . I know that because 50 years ago I knew quite a few of them . .

Then the Government said, "You're second class citizens with less than a complete learning ability. And if you have several illegitimate children, and become single parent households, we'll pay you to live without working. Not as well perhaps as your Mother and Dad, but hey, you'll never have to work or get an education" . . But, remember, vote for me . . because I "Gave" you all of that . . And . . If you really, really want an education, because you're so much dumber than your white counterparts, we'll cut you some slack on the entry requirements and you won't have to get any kind of "Expected" grades . .

The current President is a perfect example of what "Affirmative Action" has wrought . . And the free ride was begun in 1963 . . . It took a proud people who were being mistreated by Jim Crow, and made second class citizens of a fair percentage of them . . today, 71% of Black American Children are born into single parent homes, grow up knowing nothing but Welfare and Prison as a way of life . . and the Latino population isn't far behind . .

And there's no end in sight . . . it has become a way of life to an almost separate society that the government and Politicians have created . .

"The Road to Hell is Paved with Good Intentions" . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Marc.N View Post
    It's complicated Large, or so that's what the gals tell me.

One can take them at their word and move on to important things, like laundry and clipping toenails.

Attachment 1656

Life is good.
    Yeah, pretty much . . on that subject, at least . . . And yes . . the control panel applies . . certainly!