PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News Information

sweet_chin_music
01-08-2005, 12:18 PM
I think it would be great if this forum could include breaking news information. When things happen like Amber Alerts, robberies or other local breaking news, it would be nice to have a place to gather information.

Amberthebrat
01-09-2005, 08:42 AM
I agree about the Amber Alerts notification on this site. It might just help save a childs life. The more people that know about a missing child the more chance that someone knows something. Even if it saved just one child it would be well worth it. Children are so innocent and theres so many monsters out there, we all need to do our part!!!

imported_webmaster
01-09-2005, 09:09 AM
We are actually working on system to do that right now. Colorado issues its amber alerts through an email so we are working on putting together a system to recive the email and update the website.

Thank you
Webmaster

Zombiewire
01-11-2005, 08:18 AM
Concerning amber allert go to this this site and you will see a amber allert down load on the right hand side http://www.w3w3.com

or this web site and click on "home" then "world portal" and you will see the down load at the very bottom www.zombiewire.com

imported_webmaster
01-11-2005, 08:26 AM
Thank you for the link, but that is a program that runs on your local computer. What we are working on is a system to put out the latest amber alert on our website.

User No Longer With Us
01-11-2005, 09:00 AM
How about a newsflasher?

I'm building a site and have my message board set up. It's not in use yet, and won't be for some time -- once I get my site up, but that won't be for a couple of months yet.

But, take a look at my message board for an example of the news flasher (it's still dressed for Christmas...lol). I think that such a thing could be used for local Amber alerts...you can type in the info as it comes along rather than downloading national ones. (Can use it for humerous messages in between amber alerts, too, by the way. A new humour message daily will keep people reading it, so when a new Amber alert happens, they'll definitely notice it.)

To see the board (now, this is only for an example, like I said, it's not in use yet) and to read my humerous little newsflash, go here: http://flapyouryap.proboards42.com/index.cgi

It seems to me that the software that this board runs on should easily handle a newsflash...if it doesn't already have one, a little scripting can fix that. :D

User No Longer With Us
01-11-2005, 09:02 AM
Oh, by the way...the amber alert I had on one of my sites was a download directly from amber.org (I think it was), and it ran off their server so everyone who saw my site saw it. If you're interested in more info on that, I can get it for you. It was national, though, not statewide.

sweet_chin_music
01-11-2005, 09:24 AM
How about a newsflasher?

It seems to me that the software that this board runs on should easily handle a newsflash...if it doesn't already have one, a little scripting can fix that. :D

I like that idea and would like to add to the idea that in addition to a newsflasher being on the forums, one should be made available directly on the frontpage. There is no reason that the one newspaper in a town of 100K can't update their front page with breaking news.

The Denver Post has a great website that seems to be updated every few hours. It not only includes local news, but national and world news as well.

User No Longer With Us
01-11-2005, 03:27 PM
You mean the headlines aren't good enough? They're updated daily...

imported_webmaster
01-11-2005, 07:42 PM
There is a lot more to it then the software. In fact that is the easy part. This has been talked about alot and will be something that does happen.

spectre013
01-20-2005, 02:34 PM
That would be nice, would like to see more information updated through out the day on the website.