PDA

View Full Version : Welcome

imported_webmaster
01-07-2005, 01:36 PM
Thank you for visiting the Pueblo Chieftain Online. If you have a questions or suggestions for the website we would like to hear them.

User No Longer With Us
01-09-2005, 10:56 AM
http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/the%20wave.GIF

Amberthebrat
01-29-2005, 07:41 AM
Just to be curious are you going to put an ignor option on so a user can be ignored?

sweet_chin_music
01-29-2005, 11:01 AM
Just to be curious are you going to put an ignore option on so a user can be ignored?

IAWTP.

As this board grows in size, we are going to see more posters who are more concerned with increasing their post count than replying with intelligent discussion. I guess that's the nature of the 'net but having an option to ignore would be nice.

User No Longer With Us
01-29-2005, 01:02 PM
I have a better idea:

Why not just take the board down? That way, people who have boundary and contol issues won't have to worry about whom to ignore, how many posts people have, or whether they're intelligent?

We won't have to worry about whether someone else is judgmental, nor will we have to be concerned with the fact that not everyone thinks alike and not everyone is going to agree on every thing at every time.

Of course, it would be sad to have to do this, but are people ever going to realize that everyone is different, everyone sees things from their own perspective, and if someone doesn't like another participant, they don't HAVE to read their posts?

Seems to me that there's an element of self responsibility that should happen on these boards. I have a feeling that whomever is moderating these boards has the ability to modify or block abusive and obnoxious and/or filthy posts, of which I haven't seen on this board. Seems to me that those are the ones that truly would need to be "ignored". Otherwise, is there any reason why we can't use our own self control concerning some matters? Are we not adults here capable of getting along?

If someone is bothered by someone else's opinion, fine, they can express that or not bother reading the posts by that person. That, to me, seems the adult thing to do. But if we're going to nitpick at how many posts someone has...well, that's just plain silly. What does it matter how many times someone posts? I would think it shows that they enjoy the general socialization this board has to offer.

If folks are going to act childish and nitpick at trivial things that really shouln't mean beans, then I can see a lot of trouble that could be brewing for this board, and that's really too bad, because I doubt this board was put here with the intention of people nitpicking at each other.

I think it would be a really cool idea for folks to decide to get along with each other rather than be caught up in whom they can ignore someday, especially since this board is so new.

Just my two cents worth.

Amberthebrat
01-29-2005, 03:31 PM
OMG Can anyone say Drama Queen.

Heaven Forbid I make a suggestion.

User No Longer With Us
01-29-2005, 05:53 PM
Amber, I'm sure your "mere suggestion" was based on something, especially since you made another remark that, coupled with this one, shows very little interest in putting forth effort to get along with other participants in here.

Maybe I'm wrong here, but it appears to me that you've already made your mind up that there are some folks you just don't plan on trying to get along with, and that's really sad.

Amberthebrat
01-29-2005, 06:31 PM
I have never said that I don't want to get along nor have I ever stated I have had a single problem. That is only your assumption.

User No Longer With Us
01-29-2005, 10:17 PM
Amber, this message board is barely 1 month old and you're already talking about ignoring people. You're also making remarks about judgemental people who think they have to answer to every post. (I thought that was a pretty judgmental remark in itself, by the way.)

Those very phrases, to me, are not a sign of someone who feels they are willing to get along with others, and those posts are what I'm basing my "assumption" on. People wouldn't feel the need to ask for ignore features if they didn't already have it in their mind that there was someone they wanted to avoid, chances are, due to some personality conflict since there really haven't been any obnoxiously offending posts in here thus far.

If my assumption is wrong, then please, accept my sincere apology.

Amberthebrat
01-31-2005, 08:17 AM
Lexi,

No problem I accecpt. I can deal with anyone, I always give a good honest effort to get along with everybody!!! I just know the problems some people can have and that option may help future problems. I don't thik I would ignor anybody but there maybe someone who may need to in the future. After all there are crazy people out there LOL !!!

imported_webmaster
01-31-2005, 09:18 AM
Before we get to the point that some one needs to be ignored they will most likely be banned.

Webmaster

Amberthebrat
02-03-2005, 06:50 PM
That's good about the ban. Will it be the user name or IP address though?