PDA

View Full Version : Post Editing Posts . .

large
03-01-2005, 01:22 PM
There seem to be a couple of correspondents who have mastered the art of changing their posts once they have commented on a subject.

In one instance the Title was even changed a couple of times . . is there either a way to lock these posts once they've been posted or to establish a rule set against such practices . . It makes it so easy to flame someone and then back edit when an answer appears.

Also it makes a thread appear to have no continuity . . .

Not whining, just have never seen it on any other BB or forum.

imported_webmaster
03-02-2005, 07:58 AM
I have adjusted the permission, the main reason for allowing editing was if people needed to correct spelling or something of that nature, but since it appears people will be using it for changing entire posts after a disscussion has started only admins will have the abillity to edit.

Thank you
Webmaster.

large
03-02-2005, 08:29 AM
Thank you, Sir. Well done.

I hope it promotes a little more civility between a couple of our writers.

User No Longer With Us
03-02-2005, 10:07 AM
I'd like to be able to edit my posts when I need to add something or rephrase something.

It's just too bad that some have to abuse things and ruin it for those of us who don't.

http://pages.prodigy.net/bestsmileys1/emoticons1/bah.gif

User No Longer With Us
03-02-2005, 10:10 AM
By the way, could this have been handled differently? Say, remove the editing abilities of those who are abusing it? Or, at least, giving them a warning first? Maybe they don't know they aren't supposed to do that?

Was just a thought.

large
03-02-2005, 10:28 AM
I thought that was what "Preview" was for . . That's how I use it . . .

I don't really think the "Webmaster" has time to check out WHO is doing what up here unless it gets out of control. Also it would keep from having to "single" somebody out . .

I'm sure we can live without the "Re-Edit" feature . . . . . . .

WingLady
03-02-2005, 04:00 PM
I participate in a number of forums, and very few allow editing of posts. If you notice an error in your post and feel it is important enough to correct it, just post a note explaining the correction.