PDA

View Full Version : Helpful hints

webmaster
04-20-2012, 11:19 PM
As I continue to tweak this so it'll be easier for you to use, I thought I'd post some helpful hints.

If you scroll down to the bottom of any page that you are posting on - you can see where it says various things are on or off - if you click on that you'll see some instructions and codes you can use.

I think you can go to your user profile and set your profile to use the WSIWYG editor which will give you all the buttons you can use to create your post, but I'm not sure yet - I may have to set that in the admin control panel.

Meanwhile, while I'm figuring all that out, those links under "Posting Permissions" should help you.

Also, if you look down there you'll see "Forum Rules" - Those are likely to be updated specifically for this forum - as if you really needed them anyway. Best to just pay attention to what's posted in the forum part - that's what pertains to here until otherwise noted.

If I think of any other hints I'll post them here, and if any of you discover anything before I do - please share it here. This new set up is just as new for me as it is for you, so we can all have fun exploring this together. lol!

UPDATE:
If you don't see your posting controls or buttons when you go to reply to a post - scroll to the top of the page and click on "settings". Then, in the right navbar of your settings, click on the link for general settings - then, when that page populates, you scroll down almost to the bottom and you'll see an area titled "misc" or something like that - you'll find your posting control options there - if you click on the first option you'll get all the bells and whistles, the middle one has less options, and the third one has fewer, if any, options.

BE SURE TO CLICK "SAVE CHANGES" AT THE VERY BOTTOM OF THAT PAGE. (you'll never guess how I discovered that you should do this. lol!)

Hope this helps.