PDA

View Full Version : FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT - forum changes taking place

Sandra
10-26-2011, 03:56 PM
The forum will be undergoing some moderate changes over the next couple of weeks - so if things appear rocky, please hang in there. Hopefully by the time the changes are complete no one will have any problems logging in.

Meanwhile, it's possible the forum may be down for a few hours as it gets worked on, but I'll let you know in advance when that is likely to happen.

Also, if any of you have bookmarked the url to the forum, once the changes are complete you'll need to bookmark the forum again.

The new and improved look will come with new features - if all goes well you'll be able to post videos rather than just their links. Cool, huh?

webmaster
10-28-2011, 06:40 AM
The new and improved look will come with new features - if all goes well you'll be able to post videos rather than just their links. Cool, huh?The video posting isn't going to work right away - sorry! But we'll be working on it.

webmaster
10-30-2011, 10:40 AM
We're back up now, if anyone's posts are missing, I sincerely apologize. Please feel free to repost!

Sandra
10-30-2011, 11:48 AM
Hey! We have new and improved smilies! How cool is that?!

large
10-30-2011, 01:19 PM
So, what new tricks will this new and better forum do?

CountryFlowers
10-30-2011, 01:32 PM
So, what new tricks will this new and better forum do?

With any luck it'll actually let people in.

Looks good from here, no log in problems or anything on my end.

large
11-03-2011, 07:53 AM
With any luck it'll actually let people in.

Looks good from here, no log in problems or anything on my end.

But we lost all our lurkers . . either they can't find us or they're blocked out, 'spose?

And some of those lurkers were people who need to read the nonsense we all post here daily . . . Know that for a fact . .

Sandra
11-03-2011, 08:45 AM
We shouldn't have lost any lurkers - the webmaster of the Chieftain put the new url into the "Pueblo Community Forums" link in the menu bar on the Chieftain home page, and there's a note on the old forum (which is still up on the old address but closed for participation) that links to the new web address. Also they said they'd put in a redirect on the server so that when people who bookmarked the original site visited then they'd automatically come here, but it doesn't appear that they've done that yet.

I wonder if we can send a mass email to all the users about it. That's a CF issue, though. Or a webmaster one.

large
11-03-2011, 11:49 AM
Look at the bottom of the home page, where members and visitors are shown. Average number of visitors on the old format, 18 to 30, on average. Since re-do . . 2-4 visitors, often more members than visitors . .

Somethings a little awry . . .

Sandra
11-03-2011, 02:00 PM
On the old format a lot of that was probably spam bots, and I don't mind if they stay away. lol! Part of the reason for moving to the new address was to keep those spammers and spam bots at bay. Some of them were bottlenecking the system.

BTW - in my admin control panel, I see that we've had 9 members visit in the last 24 hours - one of those is a new member who hasn't posted yet (WELCOME!) - and several of those 9 members have visited numerous times. So our stats are the same as usual. Nothing to worry about.

Also the web stats for this forum indicate we're seeing about 6000 visitors a day and getting almost 20,000 hits daily, so there are more lurkers than you think. :)

large
11-03-2011, 04:35 PM
I'm looking forward to hearing from WHISKEYTANGOFOXTROT.

With a moniker like that he's either a hoot or a wise@ss . . in either case, he belongs up here . . .

Sandra
11-03-2011, 07:22 PM
yeah, that is kind of an interesting name, isn't it?

large
11-04-2011, 06:02 AM
Phonetic Alphabet . . WTF . . . .

Sandra
11-04-2011, 07:31 AM
yep, I noticed. Am curious why they never said anything, though.

large
11-04-2011, 07:37 AM
Always dazzles me too . . Look at the list of members of the forum.

And then look at the list of "Active" participants . .

And anyone with a monicker like WTF or Mean mommy has SOMETHING to say . . You'd think . .