PDA

View Full Version : gouging of Pueblo by Gas Stations

cordie5
08-30-2005, 05:53 PM
It seems no one cares that Pueblo is being ripped off, by citgo,conoco(Loaf and jug), 7-11
by upping the price of regular unleaded over night by 16 cents. When I asked why, their reply was because of hurricane activity. When I explained it could not happen that fast, and since they already had gas in the ground, he couldn't answer this. It just seems the conoco's and such in this town enjoy ripping off people. If they come back down it will only be a few pennies at a time. How much is too much.

Where is our Govenor in this matter?

Where is the Chieftain?

Cordie5

large
08-31-2005, 04:02 PM
Well, to add to the conundrum is . . how come it's higher on the South Side than the North Side . . except for King Soopers?

It's called "Greed' by the owner of the retail outlet and the supplying oil company . . but there is absolutely nothing you . . or me . . or the govenor (I hope) can do about it!

Let's hope the Government (either the state or federal) doesn't get into the regulation part of this . . because when they do, then we not only have higher prices, we have lines and short supply . . this will even out over a period of time, and the cost of gasoline and other transportation fuels are still minimal when compared to other oil products that you consume and use daily . . that will increase in price expotentially and when Fuel prices go down, the other prices won't . . That creates inflation! or "Inflation creep".

Zombiewire
09-09-2005, 05:28 PM
I locked my keys in my truck for three days. Now I have extra money for next week gas rate. Gas here is now down $1.95 per gallon to $3.30 Its cheaper to call a tool truck to pull my truck.

There is so much news about certain people looting but the real looter is the oil barrons.
I say jail them and put the camera on those jerks. How many BILLIONS does a man need?

large
09-13-2005, 07:19 AM
Something to ponder . . this morning's paper had an article discussing the wholesale price of Oil and Gasoline futures . . of course the driving force of much of the high prices for both . .

it stated that since gasoline and Oil futures are now going down in price considerably, we can expect a few cents decline in retail Gasoline prices within two weeks or so . .

TWO WEEKS? If oil futures go up by 40 cents, gasoline is directly affected on the rise . . hmmmm? So, howcome it doesn't go down as fast as it comes up? This defies both gravity and the laws of Economics . . but not the laws of greed . . .

DMad
09-13-2005, 04:29 PM
This defies both gravity and the laws of Economics . . but not the laws of greed . . .

You said it......GREED!! It's the reason why a jump in oil futures results in an IMMEDIATE jump in gasoline prices, while a drop results in a slow trickling down of gasoline prices. It amazes me that only days after the tragedy that befell the Gulf Coast gasoline prices jumped by more than 25%, before the impact of the devastation had a chance to reach us!

Rushboy
10-07-2005, 02:39 PM
I'd say let the free market decide where the price level is going to settle. If you have intervention from governmental bodies then the price will be at an artificial level and the suppliers will not have an incentive to supply at the lower level. The consumers in Pueblo have an option to drive less such as combining trips, carpooling, public transportation and, shudder, walking somewhere!! Government is not good for any business!!!

Zen Curmudgeon
10-07-2005, 10:32 PM
Government is not good for any business!!!My fellow stockholders in Halliburton and I enjoyed a fine chuckle over this comment.

Take Care -

ZC

DMad
10-09-2005, 07:10 PM
Here's what I can't understand. If the oil industry is being so crippled by the recent issues concerning global oil supply, then why is the oil industry one of the few that has seen the tremendous rise in value on Wall Street that it has in the last few years.

Let's pass some of the burden for these issues to the industry itself and help the citizen out a bit.