PDA

View Full Version : News from Cheyenne

daniel
08-26-2005, 11:47 AM
Wal-Mart picks architect for Cheyenne project

CHEYENNE, Wyo. - Wal-Mart Inc. has hired Carter & Burgess Inc. of Fort Worth to manage architectural and engineering services for the retailer's $60 million distribution center in Cheyenne, Wyo.

Wal-Mart selected Cheyenne for the new complex in March. The nine-story mechanized distribution center will occupy 850,000 square feet along Interstate 80, just two miles west of its interchange with I-25. Construction is expected to start by this fall, and the center is scheduled to be operational by the spring of 2007.

Wal-Mart said it plans to begin hiring 500 area residents in the fall of 2006, and LEADS said the center eventually could have more than 700 employees.

DMad
09-07-2005, 10:42 AM
Do we know if this was the distribution center that was rejected by Pueblo West?

large
09-07-2005, 12:55 PM
Why, Yes, now that it's been mentioned . . the very same one 15 people and three County Commissioners didn't want in Pueblo County . . . .

The one that would've brought between 500 to 750 jobs . . . But Loretta was against it because her "Squeeze" was, and the other two said; "They didn't really know about it until after they had voted against it" . . .

Wonderful . . .

DMad
09-07-2005, 02:08 PM
Interesting. I question why anyone would vote for or against something without fully knowing and understanding the issue and its positive and negative consequences.

Congratulations, Cheyenne!!

large
09-07-2005, 02:48 PM
Why, yes, it would make one wonder . . .

And that's why Matt Puelen and whatever Nunez' name is need to be un-elected . . we need leadership that will look at an issue whatever it is about with objectivity and vote on it with knowledge . . for the good of the community and county . . .

Not some dumbassed opinion voiced by a few people who contributed heavily to one of them!

Zombiewire
09-08-2005, 06:52 AM
" Don't get me talking, ill tell everything I know"

The Wal Mart Mall...just a thought.

Why shop at the Mall or anywhere else when you can buy crap at Wal Mart?

I'm thinking it is better to have two hundred small business running and specializing in their own area of sales then having one big business offering everything....but thats just me...

hence , Mervyns closing Pueblo Mall store

By JEFF TUCKER
THE PUEBLO CHIEFTAIN
Mervyns department stores will close 62 stores by February, including the 55,000 square-foot anchor store in the Pueblo Mall.

The company made the announcement Wednesday afternoon, saying it was focusing on "its solid base of stores" in the West and Southwest.

www.pueblohometech.com

daniel
09-08-2005, 02:00 PM
500 to 750 jobs which should have gone to Pueblo County residents.......meanwhile, in Pueblo, our number one export, which is our young people, continue to leave the area in droves to find employment elsewhere.......

DMad
09-08-2005, 04:31 PM
500 to 750 jobs which should have gone to Pueblo County residents.......meanwhile, in Pueblo, our number one export, which is our young people, continue to leave the area in droves to find employment elsewhere.......

...but you can't blame them! Employment isn't the only thing young people are leaving Pueblo for, list five things a young person is supposed to do for recreation within the Pueblo city limits that does not involve drinking, eating, or the word Tinseltown. And I'm talking fun things, don't be coming back with the El Pueblo Museum.

daniel
09-20-2005, 02:05 PM
According to the Sep 17, 2005 edition of the Rocky Mountain News, the statewide unemployment rate is 5.0%, and the Pueblo County unemployment rate is 6.9%. I hope my fellow Pueblo County residents and voters will remember this when the responsible "public servents" who chased away the potential of 700 plus jobs from the county, are up for re-electon.......