PDA

View Full Version : spam

none
09-20-2008, 01:48 PM
Determining that an email or post is spam is solely the discretion of the reader.
If it is determined to be spam action should be taken.
The industry standard for when action is to taken is 20 spam posts/e-mails.
I prefer to chat with persons who think they have valid points to be made, even though I do not agree initially I attempt to engage when possible or if I assume that I have something to offer to the conversation.
A conversation usually stats with a premise even if it is data from another source such as a book, the web in general, or a persons own individual ideation, it is just a premise for a conversation.
If nothing can be debated about the initial premise it is accepted as valid.
If I don't agree with a premise I can choose to address it.

Making multiple threads IMO about the same issue or topic should be determined to be spam and the reason I claim that it is spam is that starting a new thread about the same issue is abandonment or obscurement of the arguments that have preceded and makes clear that nothing was gained from them by the original poster.
However, for a new forum user to read all the threads started by other forum contributors or emails pertinent to the new post is IMO excessive.

Sandra
09-20-2008, 03:47 PM
Making multiple threads IMO about the same issue or topic should be determined to be spam
So would you agree, then, that davide is spamming the forum with his political rhetoric?

none
09-20-2008, 06:12 PM
spam is spam even if it has bananas in it.

Sandra
09-20-2008, 06:48 PM
And what about if it's being posted by a troll? Is it still spam?

lol

none
09-21-2008, 08:49 AM
authorship is irrelevant.

large
09-21-2008, 01:43 PM
Actually Davide was (is) a lousy spammer . . Because he started with a Spam article or link . . and then argued it.

Eventually losing the argument even though he often refused to answer pointed questions . . or losing his point (if it wasn't being argued) by someone posting the real truth . . which defeated the purpose of the post in the first place!

Sandra
09-21-2008, 03:33 PM
hm...I see his name is no longer on the members list - so either he pulled his membership or he really was banned.

Maybe he was just a test to see how we'd all react...