PDA

View Full Version : What to do with Pedophiles

Susan_D_Wright
09-03-2007, 05:35 AM
The New York Times and the LA Times are making a big issue about what to do with pedophiles and other sex offenders after they complete their prison sentences. Now it costs millions of dollars and takes a decade or more to execute anyone. There are nearly 400 thousand registered sex offenders. We can't execute all of them unless we come up with a cheaper, quicker method. Keeping someone in prison for life isn't cheap either.

If we sent the pedophiles and other sex offenders to agricultural work camps it would be a lot less expensive than prison. The detainees could support themselves working in the fields. That way the farmers wouldn’t have to employ illegal immigrants. Prisoners are already being used this way, so it’s really only a small step.

We could use those detention camps where we put the Japanese during World War II. I read recently that they were thinking about making them national monuments or some such thing. This would put them to better use. If there aren’t enough existing camps, new ones could be built for the overload.

And another thing, we know that boys who are sexually abused turn out to be sex offenders. It's a vicious cycle that is spiraling out of control. So they should be sent to juvenile camps. They can go to the adult camps when they are old enough.
http://www.newstatesman.com/print/200708090022
http://www.theday.com/re.aspx?re=85ee97b2-fb6f-4774-942a-19d66440baaa

I know that sounds terrible, but we have to do something to break the chain of sex abuse. In an epidemic drastic steps must sometimes be taken.
http://www.dispatch.com/news-story.php?story=dispatch/2007/03/15/20070315-C1-00.html
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_5641088,00.html

And if we are going to let them run around loose instead of putting them away someplace then requiring florescent green registration plates on the cars of pedophiles and other sex offenders is a good idea. But they aren’t in their automobiles all the time. They are often just walking around. Restricting where they can live doesn’t help all that much because they can get in their cars, park anywhere and then do whatever they want without anyone taking notice.

So I think they should also have to wear florescent green name tags on the front and back of their clothing.
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=590303&format=print and
http://www.winonadailynews.com/articles/2007/04/26/wi/2wis26.prt

These criminals had the audacity to plan a protest. That sort of thing should not be permitted to happen.
http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/viewArticle.asp?articleID=27406
http://southernsassoncrime.com/?p=817

large
09-03-2007, 08:17 AM
Uh, has there been some big changes to our laws, or is someone out there . . out there?

The New York Times and the LA Times are making a big issue about what to do with pedophiles and other sex offenders after they complete their prison sentences. Now it costs millions of dollars and takes a decade or more to execute anyone.

I have to assume when "They complete their prison sentences." to mean they have completed their court ordered punishment, and unless probationary compliances have been ordered by the same sentencing court, you can't just continue to either imprison or "Execute" them because they are criminal sex offenders.

While I have little use for any sex offender, they still have the same rights that are bestowed upon the rest of us . . and until the legislatures and the Courts decide to deal with them in extraordinary ways, the citizenry certainly cannot . .

Not to mention, this wonderful and enlightening statement;

And another thing, we know that boys who are sexually abused turn out to be sex offenders. It's a vicious cycle that is spiraling out of control. So they should be sent to juvenile camps. They can go to the adult camps when they are old enough.

Now this is what I'd call Crime Prevention in a wonderful way, practiced in Germany between 1934 and 1944 . . and if the "Adult Camps" get too full, we'll just gas 'em!

Sounds to me like certain women are in favor of castration of all males, "just in case" . .

How about we just abort all female fetus' at second trimester like the Chinese currently do? Then there won't be any females to assault.

Where in the hell do people get ideas like this?

Zen Curmudgeon
09-03-2007, 08:19 AM
There are nearly 400 thousand registered sex offenders. We can't execute all of them unless we come up with a cheaper, quicker method. Would you be in a hurry to execute this guy (http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1591688,00.html)?

When he was 17, Genarlow Wilson had been his high school's homecoming king, a football star and the recipient of an academic scholarship. But after being arrested for allowing a 15-year old girl to perform oral sex on him, he was convicted and sentenced to 10 years in prison, plus lifetime registration as a sex offender.

ZC

large
09-03-2007, 08:48 AM
Hey! According to Bill Clinton and a good share of youth under the age of 25, Oral Sex isn't . . It's just oral stimulation . . no sex involved . . and as long as it's consensual, apparently a majority of the current generation seems to think it's OK . .

The one you featured above is a good (or bad) example of inequality among state laws . . and the need for standardization of laws that might make a person involved in a perfectly consensual and legal act (in one state) become a lifelong criminal in another.

Or, if the men haters had their way, executed . . .

Zen Curmudgeon
09-07-2007, 11:37 AM
Some fresh information (http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/picrender.fcgi?artid=1941649&blobtype=pdf):

A second study asked college students to assess whether two hypothetical characters, Jim and Susie, would consider certain sexual behaviors as sex. More than 90% of respondents indicated that both Jim and Susie would consider both anal sex and vaginal intercourse as “sex.” However, less than 50% of respondents believed that Jim or Susie would consider oral sex “sex.” Additional analyses found that respondents believed that Susie would be more likely to think that oral sex was “sex” than Jim, and that recipients of oral sex were more likely to think oral sex was “sex” than those who performed the behavior.ZC

large
09-07-2007, 12:24 PM
Heh, heh . . Whatever "IS" is . . . .

But . . in any case . . Isn't a "Happy Ending" . . Sex? No matter how it's achieved?

Gene
09-28-2007, 04:06 PM
There was too much to quote, and why make what I have to say that much more difficult to read and understand.

In response to the Adult Agricultural Camp, If this would be the case, then the farm would be State or Federally Owned. In that case, you'd be providing an unfair competitive agricultural market for people who've been told that Migrant workers cannot work at their farms. However, it's not a bad thought to put the prisoners to work for local business owners. My question would be how much would it cost to have the Guards keep watch? Also might be a good start for a GPS transponder implanted or attached to prisoners at all times so as to keep them all accounted for.

Now, if your son was molested, you'd be okay with giving him up as a ward of the state, and life imprisonment? And I highly doubt that all boys that were molested as a child grew up to do the same. Perhaps if parents would take responsibility of their kids and who is left alone with them. I think married couples need to make a choice, either both work without kids, or when their is a child around, one parent should be a home maker. Kids need better guidance than most parents are providing for them. Parents don't realize that when you're not around during the day, it's a form of abandonment that can later in life lead to psychological disorders. (Which is why everyone is crazy these days.)

I once thought that the families of any murdered individual should decide the ultimate fate of that criminal. He played God with their loved ones lives, why shouldn't they have the oppurtunity to as well. (No Appeals)

In Africa, Tribe members that were criminals were either banished from the tribe, or sentenced to a life of servitude to their victims, or whomever they chose to be his master. What a great way to rid yourselves of crime, sell the criminal overseas as a slave. (That's when we started acquiring a workforce for our tobacco plantations back in the day.) Nobody should be punished for something they are at a higher risk of doing once they've become a victim. You nor anyone else should play a game that even our creator (according to rumors) would not do. (Free Will... God didn't banish Adam and Eve before they took the apple, and don't you think some being that powerful knew it was going to happen?)

And lastly, there truly is no great way to deal with people who commit crimes against other people, most importantly our kids. I knew this kid who was 13 yrs old whose step sister had accused him of sexually molesting her. He was convicted of this crime and went to Juvenile (in another state because it was a case made popular enough that people even in Juvenile will kill or cause harm to such accused child criminals.) 2.5 years later, the girl who was under court order to attend therapy, finally told her therapist that her mother made it all up, and forced her to lie. All because the woman thought the Father paid too much attention to his son, and not enough on her, and her daughter.

How terrible is that? And I don't think that the number of incidents have increased as much as news being available to the whole nation in a flash. Often media coverage increases when a story seems to increase ratings. Then everyone flocks to it, and it's all over the world.

Did I type too much? probably. But we should turn a financial black hole into somethine that pays for itself. Chain Gangs (in a sense) should be brought back to help pay for their incarceration. Giving them minor tasks that occupy a fraction of the time they have in a day does more harm, because it doesn't give them a full days work, thus no true sense what it's like to work for a living. Oh, I was going to stop.. sorry... Bye.