PDA

View Full Version : Junior livestock entries pulled for lack of premise ID

esbee
08-29-2007, 04:26 AM
How many people really know what this animal id program is all about?
Most folks do not realize the threat this program will be for all of the US.

According to the wording in the NAIS document, those who sign up lose their property rights.

NAIS stands for national animal identification system. It will require all those who own even one chicken, or other livestock animal, to register their premises, microchip and file birth, death and movement reports so the govt know where those animals are at any moment. The reasons given for this program range from bird flu, mad cow, bioterrorist attack or any number of "you need our help" garabage but the real reason is to benefit multi billion dollar corporate agriculture so they can improve their marketability while sticking it to the small producer or pet pot belly pig owner.

In other words, corporate ag wants to show the world what a safe food supply we have, but in doing so, these huge corporations are trying to take our personal rights, freedoms and privacy away. And they expect the rest of us to pay for that. And coporate ag gets one lot number per groups of animals while the rest of us have to pay to individually microchip each critter we own. Does that sound fair?

The county fair is requiring those who want to enter an animal in the fair must have a “premises” number. This number is given to those who sign up for NAIS(National animal Identification System). Once signed up the number stays with the property forever even if there are no animals on it.

I believe the entrants are not being told the whole story. Once they sign up for NAIS, they no longer hold true property title, they become a "stakeholder" on a "premises."

Stakeholder.....Stakeholders are NOT the owners of the property, they are those who hold the property until the owner is determined.
Premises..... signifies a formal part of a deed,and is made to designate an estate; to designate is to name or entitle. Therefore a premises has no protection under the United States constitution and has no exclusive rights of the owner tied to it.

Can you sell property you no longer have true title to? I wonder if those who run the fair are ready for the lawsuits when parents realize they no longer own true title to their property?

See nonais.org for more info.

User No Longer With Us
08-29-2007, 07:08 PM
Let me get this straight. Rancher Joe, who's ranch land been handed down from generation to generation, registers his animals for NAIS and suddenly he no longer owns his land? Or is the term "property" in reference to the animal? Suddenly he doesn't own his animals? or his land? or both?

large
08-30-2007, 07:30 AM
I think you need to go back and read what NAIS really is . . and what it really does . .

Perhaps, also, the County Fair Authorities don't understand it any better than you do . . according to the Colorado State department of agriculture's site, the NAIS is strictly VOLUNTARY . .