PDA

View Full Version : Annexation? Head tax? - From Puebo West View

webmaster
05-15-2005, 07:14 AM
Here is an article in the Pueblo West view about Pueblo being scared of the money they will lose from the wal-mart in Pueblo West.

Any thoughts?

http://www.pueblowestview.com/news/1115877600/1

Zen Curmudgeon
05-15-2005, 08:41 AM
Here is an article in the Pueblo West view about Pueblo being scared of the money they will lose from the wal-mart in Pueblo West.

Any thoughts?Wow! a million dollars a year for the city from people for whom it doesn't have to provide services. I can see why losing that that might hurt - free money is the best kind.

It does look like Mr. Nawrocki needs to continue his development of ideas, but I was pleased to see him make what might be an early campaign promise: "Nawrocki said he'd go by what the city can afford."

Refreshing, if true.

Take Care -

ZC

large
05-15-2005, 09:42 AM
You've gotta be kidding!

Another potentiaal Politician walks into the room with his foot already planted firmly in his mouth . . .

We've established one fact . . He has no concept of Addition and Subtraction . . . thus, while he may not be qualified for City Council . . HE SHOULD RUN FOR CONGRESS!

sweet_chin_music
05-15-2005, 10:07 AM
Heh. This is pretty amusing. A good way to start the day.

I would love to see how city council would do the math to afford hiring another 60 police officers. They need officers now and they can't afford to hire them. Imagine gaining an extra 30,000 people that they would need to provide assistance for.

Pueblo West voters would never approve an annexation...the last thing they want is their planned community turned into a pocket of disorganization.

If Pueblo needs tax money that bad, then keep bringing retailers into the city and try to get some more major employers here.

Pueblo West doesn't need Pueblo's problems.

large
05-15-2005, 11:19 AM
Actually, Nawrocki shouldn't be allowed to run for public office. He's already a public servant I believe, and part of his pay comes from the City of Pueblo . . . Wouldn't that be a conflict of interest?

Zen Curmudgeon
05-15-2005, 11:34 AM
Actually, Nawrocki shouldn't be allowed to run for public office. He's already a public servant I believe, and part of his pay comes from the City of Pueblo . . . Wouldn't that be a conflict of interest?Actually, Steve is director of a not for profit that receives city funds. He's already said he'd recuse himself from votes that impact SRDA. See the article at this link:

http://www.chieftain.com/metro/1115103829/8

Take Care -

ZC

large
05-15-2005, 02:51 PM
No Matter . . he's a Bureaucrat, and based on his faulty math, and inability to look at a USGS map and see the poblem annexation of Pueblo West would create immediately . . . as well as, anyone who has been a Bureaucrat for more than a week has forgotten where their funding is generated . . . (except preceding their election or candidacy) . . . City of Pueblo, County of Pueblo, Federal Grants . . .