PDA

View Full Version : Home of Heros

daney
07-06-2007, 05:04 PM
I was reading one of our local news websites about our Home of Heros sign located on our north end of town. The sign was vandalized with grafitti along with a former nightclub and the Pier one store. I wonder if our community feels stronger punishments would help prevent these disrespectful crimes? It seems this problem is getting worse, I see grafitti all over and its such an eyesore. I know its not only me, but I get furious evertime I see the damage these criminals create. Just curious how the rest the community feels!

daney

large
07-06-2007, 06:17 PM
Kind of like the fireworks and the vigorous enforcement the PPD was going to pursue this Fourth . .

Too many places and too many people doing it . . Impossible to enforce except through blind luck . . .

Loren Swelk
07-06-2007, 07:42 PM
The onus of repairing the graffiti rests with the business owner who is under time constraints to repair the vandalism to their property or face heavy fines. Where is the vandalizer at this point? Certainly not in jail. The penalty is much too slight to fit the crime. It should be a felony not a petty misdemeanor. They should be in superior court and not municipal court like parking scofflaws.