PDA

View Full Version : Repub Mayor Seems to Have Issues

Zen Curmudgeon
05-05-2005, 10:57 PM
Another one of those pesky "I'm for Family Values as Long as I Don't Have to Live With 'Em" stories has emerged. This time, the Republican anti-gay, pro-heteromarriage mayor of Spokane, Washington seems to have been outed for past and current "crimes against nature" (name of Louisiana's law limiting gay participation in adoption and fostering) a la Michael Jackson and Catholic priests, by men claiming abuse past and solicitation of gay sex present.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/05/06/national/06spokane.html

The Mayor of Spokane Is Accused of Molesting

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Published: May 6, 2005

SPOKANE, Wash., May 5 (AP) - Mayor James E. West of Spokane, a Republican opponent of gay rights, was accused in a newspaper on Thursday of molesting two boys decades ago and the paper also says it caught him using the trappings of his office to try to court a young man online.

Well, at least he wasn't in a position of authority over young boys, like at the Y or the Boy Scouts.

Mr. West, 54, a former Boy Scout leader and Army paratrooper who was married for five years in the 1990's, denied that the online offers constituted abuse of his office, and he said he would serve out the more than three years remaining in his term.

"I am a law-abiding citizen," Mr. West said at a brief news conference.

Oh. Umm...

OK, so he's gay, I guess he could stay a Republican, there are gay Republicans, right? The Log Cabin Republicans? So if he just outed himself, this could all fade away, maybe. You. know, admit the error, resolve to do better, ask for the voters' forgiveness, and move on toward the will of the people. Resign if that's needed, but at least own up to yourself, and stand like a mature adult of definite convictions in the public spotlight you worked so hard to dominate.

Mr. West would not characterize himself as gay. As for the reason for his online visits to Gay.com, he said, "curiosity, confused, whatever, I don't know."

Wheeew! That was close. He's not quite a stand up guy, but he's not a fag, either, so Rev. Harvey Phelps shouldn't be crossing the eastern horizon in a Winnebago anytime soon. So it's cool for him to fill out his term in office.

At least until contingency plans can be made, funds allocated, and focus groups commissioned. This one might be the bellwhether for the mid term elections next year. Keep an eye out.

Take Care,

ZC

large
05-06-2005, 08:43 AM
Y'know, I keep my opinions about Homosexuality pretty close to th' vest . . . But, whether you would call a guy that likes little boys (or girls) a homosexual or not is immaterial . . He's a PERVERT first . . . . . ! And there is a law against that, and it ain't one of God's! . . . . .

People who prey upon children to live out their sexual fantasies should either be "neutered" or shot! On the FIRST OFFENSE!

Zen Curmudgeon
06-11-2005, 07:30 PM
The latest on the Spokane mayor.

http://spokesmanreview.com/jimwest/story.asp?ID=061105_changed

West says he's changed his ways

Mike Prager / Staff writer

June 11, 2005

The Spokesman-Review 2005

Spokane Mayor Jim West said he's found a new relationship with God and has redoubled his effort to manage the city in a new e-mail made public on Friday.

The e-mail dated Thursday surfaced during Friday's broadcast of the Mark Fuhrman Show on KGA Radio.

West later on Friday confirmed that he wrote the e-mail in response to a citizen who sent him a message telling him to resign, pack his luggage and move to San Francisco "where your lifestyle is accepted."

No further word on the molestation allegations. And he's lost some weight, perhaps the burden of a guilty conscience? :)?

Take Care -

ZC

xanthme
06-12-2005, 06:21 PM
[People who prey upon children to live out their sexual fantasies should either be "neutered" or shot! On the FIRST OFFENSE![/QUOTE]
well said!