PDA

View Full Version : People search

Amberthebrat
01-11-2005, 07:05 PM
It would be wonderful; to have a people search on this great new feature the Chieftain has added. Does anyone know if that will happen and when?

imported_webmaster
01-11-2005, 07:39 PM
What do you mean by people search? Try to expand on that a little more and I will look into see what we can do.

User No Longer With Us
01-11-2005, 10:15 PM
Isn't the Chieftain a newspaper and not an investigative firm?

If I want a people search, I go to dexonline.com, yahoo.com, altavista.com or some place like that. Even google. Or, I can hire a private investigator.

Why tie up the server with things that are already available to you if you type in the correct URL?

Amberthebrat
01-12-2005, 07:49 PM
Webmaster,

By people search I mean to see if people we know are registered users, and what there user name is. I know a lot of people but didn't keep in contact very well when I moved, it would be nice to chat with them again.

spectre013
01-20-2005, 02:31 PM
note sure if a forum setting is right for that but would be interesting to create a site where people could add thier info so others could find them kinda like a classmates.com for a city.

Amberthebrat
02-03-2005, 07:03 PM
maybe not exactly a search but more of a expanded directory. not in full detail cause of a select wierdows out there but where we might find somone to chat with that we might have a little more in common with. For example John Doe age 25 male construction worker enjoys music work and honest clean fun. I do not mean like a dating directory thats just wrong!!!