Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chostner wants more action on mill levy question

Default Chostner wants more action on mill levy question

Efforts to fund a district devoted to improving Fountain Creek have to be stepped up, Pueblo County commissioner Jeff Chostner said Friday.

More...

Quote Originally Posted by Susie View Post
    Efforts to fund a district devoted to improving Fountain Creek have to be stepped up, Pueblo County commissioner Jeff Chostner said Friday.

More...
    Jeff apparently hasn't taken a walk along the full length of the Fountain Creek through Pueblo.

There are bear, deer, fox and many other forms of wildlife. There are solitary escapes near the creek. There are lots of beautiful woods within a short distance of city streets.

Lately, there has been a lot of habitat destruction near the bridge by the mall and other areas.

Apparently improving it will ultimately mean a cement ditch through the city.

This is another case of someone wanting to improve something when they obviously don't know what it is.

Here is a video of just a small section near the Fountain Creek.

Last edited by Gershon; 09-29-2012 at 10:04 AM.

Here is another video

The dry brush looks dangerous - fire danger - but otherwise, it's got a nice, natural beauty. Loved the shots of the wildflowers!
    Opinions expressed by me are mine only and are not in any way, shape, or form representative of the Pueblo Chieftain or Pueblo Community Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    The dry brush looks dangerous - fire danger - but otherwise, it's got a nice, natural beauty. Loved the shots of the wildflowers!
    Thanks for looking. There have been a some small fires in that general area. They seem to die out harmlessly.

The suits don't know what they are missing from their stuffy office while they focus on trivial things like a new courthouse.

Here is a video from a trip we took in July.

Beautiful!
    Opinions expressed by me are mine only and are not in any way, shape, or form representative of the Pueblo Chieftain or Pueblo Community Forums.

I found the master plan for the Fountain Creek online.

http://www.fountain-crk.org/files/RE...tegic_plan.pdf

If I remember right, this is one reason why we wanted SDS to run through Pueblo. This plan was years in the making - and has some good points and some not so good points. While I like the idea of the recreational value, it's not up to us to tell God how to make his rivers and creeks. At the same time, my big concern is the carelessness of Colorado Springs.

While there have been many efforts on their part to install safety measures that would keep their contaminants contained so they don't end up down here, they still have gone back on their word concerning implementing fees that would show that they have the resources to maintain the infrastructure of their water, sewage, and stormwater drainage systems.

I love the idea of Fountain Creek being recreational - I really do. But I don't trust Colorado Springs. The attitude of their people is even worse than whether the city can afford to maintain their systems. "Flush the toilet, Pueblo needs the water" they say. Boy are they stupid! We aren't the ones hurting for water, they are, and they want what they want when they want it regardless of who they have to step on to get it. (Speaking of landowners between here and there who are being violated for this project)

Their arrogant and careless attitude about their waste water should scare all environmentalists in the area and everyone south of the city. I don't think Pueblo should trust Colorado Springs with this one bit. I lived there for most of my life - I know their ins and outs - they have some serious issues there - I think the city as a whole is somewhat anti-social despite that there are some wonderful people there trying hard to make a difference. I could write stories about the place that would make your hair stand on end.

Default Om nama ..

I loved the music accompanyment. Who is your Baba, Guru, spiritual leader? At the end was that a picture of you with your wife?. At one with nature?
    The difference between a welfare state and a totalitarian state is a matter of time - Ayn Rand

The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests”- Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by masonranch View Post
    I loved the music accompanyment. Who is your Baba, Guru, spiritual leader? At the end was that a picture of you with your wife?. At one with nature?
    Masonranch,

The music was recorded live at a synagogue I used to go to. It's how we worshipped on Shabbat. Now most of the people have moved to other areas.

The two people at the end were "Wolfie" and "Duke L'Orange." They were about halfway through a 487 mile thru-hike of the Colorado Trail.