Thread: Private firm to run D60 buses

Default Private firm to run D60 buses

Pueblo City Schools (D60) students will no longer ride district buses to and from school or special events as the district is outsourcing transportation.

More...

And they're getting kids to school 10 - 20 minutes late, consistently.... not good... not good at all....
    Opinions expressed by me are mine only and are not in any way, shape, or form representative of the Pueblo Chieftain or Pueblo Community Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    And they're getting kids to school 10 - 20 minutes late, consistently.... not good... not good at all....
    Why is that? . . . . . . . . . . .
    "A man with a firearm is a citizen... a man without one is a subject"

Not sure. I'm hearing that there are not enough buses and too many students. Now, this is the special ed bus we're talking about - and some of those students take longer to load - but students like mine don't take that long to load, so maybe they need to pick the students with special equipment up separately from those who are easier to load?

Then I hear that there isn't enough money for more bus drivers. You know, my perspective is that there's this little thing called "INTEGRITY". Maybe the bus drivers they have need to start an hour earlier, then. Maybe they need to rework their routes to be more effective rather than just shrugging it all off then wondering why D-60 students fare so poorly in school. How much money does integrity cost?

D-70, I'm told, utilizes this same company, and I hear that they are rarely late for school - and that all of the kids in D-70 are bus students. So what are they doing different, I wonder?

What bothers me is that my student, who is autistic, has issues with transitioning. So being late for school every day is not good for her - she needs to start the day with the rest of her class so she can have that foundation that she needs to get her day going. But instead, she comes in 20 or so minutes late and has to assimilate into class in progress, and that's not fair to her nor is it right for any child to have to be that late for school every day.
    Opinions expressed by me are mine only and are not in any way, shape, or form representative of the Pueblo Chieftain or Pueblo Community Forums.

The new company does not take over until the end of next month. As of now it is the same busses with the same drivers that the District has always had. When the outside firm takes over it will still be the same busses with mostly the same drivers running the same routes. That is what I have heard anyway.
    "The short memories of the American voters is what keeps our politicians in office." ~Will Rogers

Oh that explains a few things...

Y'don't 'spose those drivers who won't have a job next month, or those who'll have new bosses and less benefits are slowing things down a tad?

Naaahhhhhhh, not in this world . . .

No, the company is keeping all the same drivers and the same routes. Last year this baloney went on for weeks before they finally started getting kids to school on time. Meanwhile, my kids were 20 minutes late for school again today. The bus picked them up at 20 after 7am and school starts at 8. I'm NOT a happy Mama!

So far the school has not returned my phone calls about this, and the District has not gotten back with me, either.

That it might be the parents and kids on the route(s) that are part of the problem?

Went down the street and watched a "Special Ed" bus pick up a kid yesterday . . The Bus gets there, stops, and then waits for over 3 minutes while mom, grandma and the kid promenade out to the bus, put the kid on, converse with the driver . . Elapsed time from stop to leave, by my cell phone clock, 7 minutes . . At that rate, if you have 10 kids to pick up, do the math . . 70 minutes, so even if the bus starts early (much to the chagrin of the first kids on) the mommies who don't have their kids on the curb when the bus gets there are part of the problem . . maybe even most of it . .

Same thing happens, according to a friend of mine who drives a bus in Dist 70, in the afternoons. Certain stops (and kids) are supposed to have the parent(s) there to get their kid when he/she gets off the bus . . sometimes the parent(s) are up to 10 minutes late and the bus has to sit there til somebody comes to get the kid . .

Funny how the bus must run on time but the parents don't . . .

Jus' sayin'