Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama's "Truth teams" . . Where are they?

Default Obama's "Truth teams" . . Where are they?

On Feb. 13th it was announced on ABC News that "The Obama campaign is today beginning a new effort to enlist and educate at least 2 million supporters for a “grassroots communications team” they’re calling the Truth Team."

Obama organized a similar grassroots effort in 2008 – Fight the Smears - that involved more than 1 million supporters, campaign aides said. I believe we discussed matters with one or more of their operatives back then.

This is supposed to be a "Grassroots effort" which involves "correcting the GOP's Lies about Obama's Record" . . uhhh, what record?

Hopefully one or more of them will be attracted to this little forum and we can be subjected to some "Education" and "Correction" . .

Looking forward to it . . .
    "A man with a firearm is a citizen... a man without one is a subject"

Quote Originally Posted by large View Post
    Hopefully one or more of them will be attracted to this little forum and we can be subjected to some "Education" and "Correction" . .

Looking forward to it . . .
    Me too!!!
    The difference between a welfare state and a totalitarian state is a matter of time - Ayn Rand

The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests”- Patrick Henry

If they show up here they'll be banned. This forum an Obama free zone.

People are free to discuss him pro or con, but they are not allowed to sign in here specifically for the purpose of trying to "re-educate" people. We call that spam here, and it's unwelcome.

The same applies for anyone of any political affiliation.
    Opinions expressed by me are mine only and are not in any way, shape, or form representative of the Pueblo Chieftain or Pueblo Community Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    If they show up here they'll be banned. This forum an Obama free zone.

People are free to discuss him pro or con, but they are not allowed to sign in here specifically for the purpose of trying to "re-educate" people. We call that spam here, and it's unwelcome.

Com'on Sandra, we all miss David, a paid political activist and there was someone else I forget.
    The difference between a welfare state and a totalitarian state is a matter of time - Ayn Rand

The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests”- Patrick Henry

Yeah, I was just researching ole "davide" . . came on the forum Sept. 15 of 2008 (p. 41) and stayed until P.37 apparently. He generally posted 4 to 7 posts a day, all praising Obama or slighting one or another GOP Candidate . . And all seemed to be literally spam created by Obama's election squads . .

Gotta ask about the statement:
    . . Most of us up here have pretty much given away any pretense of being either "fair and balanced" or neutral in our politics, including the author of the quote . .

Actually, who did you say that to, Sandra?

Com'on Sandra, we all miss David, a paid political activist and there was someone else I forget.
    Funny - I thought if him, too. lol!

You know, they won't admit to being paid to do that - so much for the truth, huh?
    Opinions expressed by me are mine only and are not in any way, shape, or form representative of the Pueblo Chieftain or Pueblo Community Forums.

Actually, who did you say that to, Sandra?
    I'll tell you what I'm going to do....

First - I deleted my last post because I got to thinking about something. My remark, of course, applies to any candidate, not just the Obama side - it's easier to have people you agree with, but fair is fair; people posting here with a specific agenda to manipulate or advertise without authorization are viewed as spammers, and this is against our user terms.

However - Since Obama seems to like Pueblo and I have no doubt he's keeping his eye on this forum - or having someone do it for him, that is - I'm going to make an offer.

If the Obama administration (Or any opposing candidate) really wants to have a "truth team" participate on this forum - I'll allow it but there will be conditions.

1. The party in question needs to first discuss the matter with me - they can contact me using the "contact the webmaster" form found on this forum.

2. They need to tell me who they are and what their purpose is. If they need their information kept confidential I will keep their confidentiality (although I think it would be wise to be up front about their purpose and whether they are paid or volunteer). The reason for this is so that I'm on the same page with them - if I allow something it's not considered as "spam" or unauthorized, at which point the person becomes a welcome guest and not a spamming intruder.

3. All comments from that person must be professional in nature - they can ask questions, answer questions - that sort of thing. Attempts to "sell" a candidate or manipulate or engaging in behaviors that are aggressive will not be allowed. Those things are a turn off. But if the person wants to discuss things as though they're in the same room with everyone, this is fine.

4. I will not tell anyone who the party is, but you'll see that they haven't been banned - this should serve as a heads up to you to be on your best behavior and be cordial. If it is an elected official or a representative of one, we need to treat them with utmost respect even if we disagree with them. We want our guests to feel welcome and comfortable on our forums, but we also ask our guests to conduct themselves accordingly.

So there you have it - if anyone is on this forum "truth teaming" without my permission they risk being viewed as spammers and banned.

Does this work for you all?
    Last edited by Sandra; 02-20-2012 at 03:18 PM.

First of all, quite like davide, if he was an "Obama plant" (of which there were many) he never admitted it, the next one one won't tell you he's part of an organized effort to promote his candidate and to denigrate the other side, either . .

Secondly, it's still good because there's discussion and a lot of lurkers reading (and sometimes joining and chiming in) the debates, discussions and outright cat fights . .

I'd look forward to it . .

The more the merrier . .

So you liked being challenged to the point of nearly jumping out of your skin and you want more? Does your wife know this about you? lol!

Call it a "Mind Exercise" . . And, it won't be nearly as taxing because anyone touting Obama has to address his record . . and no matter the social issues debates, the country's problems start and stop on the economics issues with a little Foreign Policy thrown in . .

And while you and I (and most, if not all of the regular posters) probably see nothing there to defend, there will be some out there trying . .