Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: City Manager woes

Which, takes us back to either the City Council Thread or the City Council's Agenda Thread, if you wanna be correct . . or combine the whole mess . . into one discussion . . because it really is . . .
    "A man with a firearm is a citizen... a man without one is a subject"

Has anyone seen the latest KOAA report about Jerry? I wonder why they're waiting to say anything??
    http://www.koaa.com/news/council-wai...-city-manager/
    Opinions expressed by me are mine only and are not in any way, shape, or form representative of the Pueblo Chieftain or Pueblo Community Forums.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that the City Council wants to control the news slant on it. In other words, cover their collective @sses . .

Jerry was their invention (most of them anyway) and they don't want it to look like another bullet hole in the foot. Not to mention, if they can him, they're really gonna be looking for a "Cinderella" and they have no glass slipper . .

Also, if they set precedent and can him, chances are, Walker and several others are going to have to become "Gone" also . . Nothing like a City Government without adequate Management or executives . .

But I still think it's ironic that they have spent more time on this than they have on many far more serious issues they have faced in the last 5 or 6 years . . And they D@mned sure didn't spend this much time deciding to hire Jerry, did they? They ran Gallo to the Gallows and, "Slam! Bang! we gots Jerry"

Gotta say one thing, though. I don't have any political axe to grind with Jerry Pacheco. I'm on his case for one reason only, and that's because he's stoopid . . Or at least stoopid about base things . . Good managers just don't do stoopid crap . . Fixing stoopid crap takes too much time and resources . . And knowing that is one of the tenents of being any kind of manager . .
    Last edited by large; 11-22-2011 at 07:14 AM.

They ran Gallo to the Gallows and, "Slam! Bang! we gots Jerry"
    That's another thing I was wondering about. I don't recall the city meeting like this concerning the previous city manager. They did meet once, but then again, Gallo didn't committ so many offenses against the city.

And this thing about the city manager re-writing the structure of the city administration, giving himself certain powers like the ability to erase text messages at his discretion - can he do that without Council's approval? Even so, he had already committed his atrocities, he can't just cover them up by rewriting city code then grandfathering himself in - can he?

I think City Council needs to seriously consider how the things he rewrote allow for corruption and an abuse of power and put a stop to that by revoking or "undoing" what he re-wrote. Because getting rid of him will only allow future city managers to carry on with the same authority to abuse their power and privilege if they don't.

I don't understand, Large, how you could not have a problem with this politically - I certainly do. I'm very disappointed in him, I feel that he has abused his position and in so doing has abused the city.
    Opinions expressed by me are mine only and are not in any way, shape, or form representative of the Pueblo Chieftain or Pueblo Community Forums.

The biggest reason that I don't really have a "Political Problem" with him is, I don't know exactly what he has or hasn't done in the position of the City Manager. Certainly he's cost the city a bunch with this fiasco, and it's a display of either gross ignorance or plain arrogance . . Or perhaps a mixture of those two . .

And in retrospect, I guess that makes him a "Political Idiot" as much as it makes him an "Idiot" generally . .

So I guess I'm wrong . . I do have a bone to pick with him, "Politically" . . .

But, on the "Corruption" thing . . Here you go . . What really is "Corruption" and who's actually guilty of it? The word's used a whole bunch, just about everytime the Pueblo City Council does something. My recent detractor screamed "CORRUPTION" in bold letters . . . But actually putting a finger on who is paying who to do what is a whole different deal. Nepotism, I suppose, is a form of "Corruption", but it isn't very damaging to the City's operations, unless the position being filled by the relative is either not being attended or is being performed inadequately. We don't know that to be the case here . . at least until we hear it from the Council, if that's something they looked into . .

As for the kind of Corruption rdajai was accusing both the City Council and the Pueblo Chieftain of, where's the smoking gun? I do agree to a great extent, urban renewal funds have been spent in some questionable areas . . and there's some things about CBDG that I question. I've always maintained that we should be supporting the Fairgrounds more and the "Convention Center" less . . but I'd like to see names and times if we're going to scream "Corruption" . . Nameless accusations or attaching everyone's sins to a Dumb Guy who exhibited bad judgement and did a couple of stoopid things to cover his @ss peobably won't solve anything . .

Just my dime's worth . .

I still think Dave Galley (sp?) got the raw end of the deal - he may have been a little slow on some things, but he never would have ended up doing the things Jerry Pacheco did. I'm sorry, but Pacheco is a disgrace. I really hate to say that, too - because I was impressed with his work once upon a time.

OMG - KRDO TV reports that City Council has found no wrongdoing on the part of Pacheco! yikes!

Something is seriously wrong with this. That's messed up.

http://www.krdo.com/news/29833245/detail.html

Hey! You're supposed to quote your host whenever possible . .

http://www.chieftain.com/council-pac...cc4c03286.html

And, if you cling to the letter of the law, he probably didn't . . But none of it passes the smell test . . . and politically, for the Council, they've become "Damaged Goods" . . .

If a little sleaze is OK, what's next?

LOL! It wasn't in the chieftain yet when I posted my comment, so thank you for the post with the link. I think that KRDO had the scoop on the whole story, since they were the ones doing the investigating. They had the story posted first, apparently other sources updated after KRDO did. That was really cool business, by the way - kudos to the other area news agencies for being gentlemen. I'm extremely impressed by that! Seriously! Good job to them all!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    OMG - KRDO TV reports that City Council has found no wrongdoing on the part of Pacheco! yikes!

http://www.krdo.com/news/29833245/detail.html
    They found only that he broke no laws and violated no City policy.

Had he engaged in any of the practices we typically categorize as "workplace harassment," he would have been in violation. He apparently did not.

There's no rule against dating a subordinate.
    Last edited by west4567; 11-23-2011 at 05:00 PM.