Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Pueblo City Council

Large don't let the facts in the way of your rant!
    Large replied to a quote. Did you research who made the original quote? I have been unable to find it.

I will say that you have been a member of the Forum for nearly 2-1/2 years and only posted 5 times, you seem to be lurking more than participating.
    "The short memories of the American voters is what keeps our politicians in office." ~Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by rdajai View Post
    Is the name large an envy or compensation thing or what? I have been monitoring this site for months and most of your dribble is based on misinformation... You can not be taken seriously as you do not take the time to research the facts or even worst may know the facts but not add them because it does not help your position. Case in point, you carelessly submitted the far rights un-investigated assertion that the newest at-large council member Chris Nicoll profitted from the sale of sliver of land to Black Hills Energy. If you took the time to do your homework you would have found out that it was not the Nicolls family who purchased or were forced to sell the easement to Black Hills or face condemnation and eminent domain laws. The land sale occurred via a marraige relationship not a direct arrangement to the Nicolls family. Trying to connect that land transaction to councilman-elect Chris Nicoll was irresponsible, intentionally dishonest and sloppy. Before you run off to the blogs to push the local gossip research your facts and do us all a favor and change your blog handle to "medium" it's more accurate..
    Post more Rdajai and join the discussions. I got the 'who the heck is this' treatment when I first started posting. Don't let it run you off, I welcome your opinion.
    The only freedom you truly have is in your mind, so use it.

Oh that's OK, he's a person who, apparently doesn't follow what the newspaper prints . . My opinion was shaped, in it''s entirety, by the article published in the Chieftain . . Y'want to chew on somebody, try starting with Steve Henson and then working your way up to Bob Rawlings . . let's see how successful you are . .

I'd also ask, rdajai, did he see any of his story in the paper? I didn't . . I did see a lame explanation by Nicolls after the prime article came out, but it had little or no fact attached and more than a bit of venom, so I just considered it as an Amateur Politician trying to cover his @ss . . That happens a lot to "Crusaders" . .

And as for rdajai's "Attack" . . He's probably one of Nichol's minions who were smearing Otegon, or worse, one of Giron's staff . .

And before you get froggy, rdajai, remember, as I've said before, I'm just like the "Wrestling Bear" . . I'll play just as rough as you want to . . If it bothers Chris Nicoll he can call, write or whatever. You're just a anonymous mouthpiece with a bad attitude . . thus, anything coming from you will get little respect and lots of ridicule . .

And Chris might be better off with this forum on his side, if that's possible, because letters from unknown flunkies tend to come back and bite the councilman in the @ss down the road aways . .

Go ask Packrat . . . or Randy Thurston . . just to name a couple . .

And while we're on that subject (Packrat), this morning I was in Lowe's buying some plumbing stuff and lo and behold, Here's Mr. Aguilera. My long time buddy.

And he gets right to the bone: "Large, why are you on my @ss all the time? What did I ever do to you?"

I said; "Ray, you became a "Politician" and not a very good one. You compromised on things you shouldn't have, you spent money on monuments to you and the rest of Council, You made decisions based on less than no information or facts, You all voted for the Black Hills deal, spent the money, then stood by as a two bit amateur politician smeared one of your members for leading the voting, and after being told at the outset that the deal would lead to 30% plus price increases, you have the audicity to now whine about it in a headline and say it's not good for Pueblo. That's just the frosting on top of the pile of crap. I can still be your friend, but I'll still say you were wrong."

He walked away without salutation . .

Again, and this is no pat on my shoulder, but to all of you who come up here and voice your opinions . . We are heard . .
    "A man with a firearm is a citizen... a man without one is a subject"

Adding to the above, just for fun . . .

Before you run off to the blogs to push the local gossip research your facts and do us all a favor and change your blog handle to "medium" it's more accurate..
    Another note . . it's fairly obvious you either haven't lurked much or don't read well . . or "gather facts" . .

"Large" is a Nom de Plume so to speak, as among other things, I'm a working artist . . But if you have a problem with it, take it for granted that it means "more than you can handle" . . There's no sexual connotations about it, and obviously that would probably be some sort of disappointment for you . .
    Last edited by large; 11-12-2011 at 04:16 PM.

A note about the "Quote" . . Actually, it didn't come from the Chieftain, although their article paraphrased it. It came from a "Tea Party" source countering Chris Nicoll's paint job of Ortegon, posted by Nicolls on his web site and released to the news media as well as used in several of his campaign speeches.

In actuality, the quote holds far more truth than Nicoll's accusations, which failed to point to other Council Members and past presidents who were as deep in the muck as was Ortegon in the mire . . That being said, I will maintain that the Chieftain's report was as inclusive, although longer than the quote I posted. And I'll stand by it.

In reply to the statement or fact that it wasn't Nicoll or his immediate family who received the $45k for the property, it's still "Family" . . currently Nicoll is muddying the water about City Manager Pacheco's nepotism and dealings with another of the City Executives, which is just fine with me. But he's still "Just a Citizen" not a "J. Edgar Elect" who seems to believe that being elected entitles him to become a crusader before he assumes the seat that would enable him to do so . . . And he's throwing rocks at somebody else's "Glass house" . .

Based on that, Mr. Nicolls hasn't learned much in the time he's been in local politics . . But he still plays the dirty tricks game. Let's see what kind of record he builds during his tenure as City Councilman . . I'm betting that it will be "Two Steps backward" along with the rest of the Community Activists . . But I am hoping otherwise . .

A note to rdajai. If you intend to speak for Mr. Nicolls, you must remember, what goes around comes around. And it seems that you have, both in this thread and one you started a couple of years ago when your messiah was campaigning for the "Strong Mayor" deal. Perhaps discussion might be a better way of doing it rather than attacking my "Drivel' . . With your "Drivel" . .

Default Soap Opera anyone?

KOAATV is hammering away at it . .

The Chieftain is ignoring it . . . .

So what's all the fuss about? Last night KOAATV had Jerry Pacheco's estranged wife on the tube, telling what she claims to know about her ex-Husband's wanderings and trysts . . Which, in actuality, isn't much. But for a wife, I guess it's enough. Although, she alleges, that Jerry is using his position as City Manager to harass her and her family, meaning, I assume his in laws who are employed by the City of Pueblo, and there seems to be several . .

On the other hand, is it really anybody's business but the Pacheco's? That seems to be the tack the Paper is taking and apparently waiting for more than a "She said, He said" report . .

And . . I'm really surprised that it hasn't drawn more comment up here . .

And I do know you're "Disgusted", Loren . . Me too . . But I think, once the new council members take their seats it's only going to get moreso . .

And, according to KOAATV, this is going to be addressed at the City Council Meeting tonight . . I may buy a ticket . . .

Default "LARGER" than life?

Hey Large... I appreciate the banter but the real issue here is that you truly believe that your rants in this obscure blog somehow has an affect on the course of city council's actions... PLEASE...

I don't want to burst your Hindenburg sized balloon but this site is not much more than an excercise in venting. Even though, you seem awful quick to criticize any member who has the stones to think for themselves and has a different opinion than yours.. It's the same kind of false bravado you espouse here and also try to bully the candidates who have the metal to run for office while you sit in the blog shadows sniping at them, even before their even sworn in! How dare they run with out getting permission from you first... Give me a break... I am proud to defend Mr. Nicoll and any other candidate that has put themselves front and center and have to take fire from ghost bloggers like yourself. Large try to keep these digital interactions in perspective and work on getting you ego undo control before you self combust and we have little pieces of "large" splattered all over cyber space...

A little more about the Anonymous sources and quotes. It seems that "Crusader Rabbit(Chris Nicolls)" has taken the innuendoes of an anonymous letter and demanded an investigation based upon it . . A letter he apparently received or was shown by KOAATV.

And he, and his tool, Alvin Rivera, are stirring up mud at the City Council meetings and on TV. Their apparent 15 minutes of fame . . And in the process, Nicolls has certainly made a lot of friends on the council . . I'm sure . . although, not, according to the article in this morning's Chieftain . .

And, while there's things I might tend to agree with Nicolls about, his methods of campaigning, his belief in the Nanny State, and his general demaeanor tells me he's not going to do well when consensus or copmpromise is needed . . and it will be . .

As for my anonymous detractor . . You're just that, with the inane stupidity of accusing me of "False Bravado" . . You know who I am and how to find me . . If you don't, you're even stupider than your accusations . . I'm not hiding in "The Blog Shadows", you are . . . And while you might belittle this forum, apparently you and the guy who is using you as a tool, reads it and cares what's said . . or you wouldn't be running your mouth from the dark . .

Man up, come out and tell us who YOU are and what your agenda actually is . .

Hey "medium" for such a long time "SENIOR" member you sure are touchy. You have no problem throwing denigrations around like a rag doll but when someone challenges you go ballistic...

I am amazed just how uninformed you are about how this town is wired and the power players who manipulate it for their own greed... You can spout out all you want but if you want to play Status Quo Man and defend the likes of Vera then make sure you can fly because she'll be the first one to throw you off the roof should ever question some of her tactics

Sorry I touched a raw nerve but I only have one agenda.... it's you...

Quote Originally Posted by rdajai View Post
    Hey "medium" for such a long time "SENIOR" member you sure are touchy. You have no problem throwing denigrations around like a rag doll but when someone challenges you go ballistic...

I am amazed just how uninformed you are about how this town is wired and the power players who manipulate it for their own greed... You can spout out all you want but if you want to play Status Quo Man and defend the likes of Vera then make sure you can fly because she'll be the first one to throw you off the roof should ever question some of her tactics

Sorry I touched a raw nerve but I only have one agenda.... it's you...
    Let's see, so far you have chastized me for doing exactly what the guy You have your nose in has done several times. However apparently my information was better than Nicoll's, because the paper printed the storyline I posted. not so much yours . . Especially the part in your first piece that accused me of using anonymous and unsupported accusations against Nicolls. Not so much, and today's paper stands on the allegation that Nicolls has demanded an investigation based upon an anonymous Letter, purported to have come from City Manger Pacheco's wife . . That's in print, pal . . .

On the Dr. Alvin Rivera as an accomplice and tool . . twice times now, he has been guilty of advancing an agenda that assists Nicolls. It doesn't pass the smell test . . And I know Alvin personally, he's a little warped when it comes to being an advocate for Nicolls . . (I've told him that personally)

As for being informed . . you haven't EVER posted anything showing any knowledge of who, what or where . . or, as far as I can tell, have never influenced any member of City Council . . I can sat that I have, several times . . Whether you would like what I've done, that's your problem . . which, apparently it is . .

And, the last sentence of your post tells me (and the readers) all they need to know. This is a personal attack and has little to do with anything else . .