Thread: Routine traffic stop?

Default Routine traffic stop?

Am I the only one who thinks that a Pueblo police officer would chase a car almost to Pinion to write a ticket for an illegal lane change based on a call to dispatch from an off duty detective? I think there is much we do not know about how this "routine traffic stop" came to be.
    "The short memories of the American voters is what keeps our politicians in office." ~Will Rogers

Somebody dropped a dime . . . . . .
    "A man with a firearm is a citizen... a man without one is a subject"

Hell of a haul though. What kind of Idiot would attempt to ship that much dope, worth that much money, in such a tenous manner?

I mean, $10 million is $10 million, whether it's in cocaine or a truckload of gold . . and cocaine is about as fungible as the gold, if not moreso . .

Now I can understand a Chevy Nova with a bale of marijuana in the back seat, or even the same car with a kilo or two of cocaine or Heroin. They are generally used as bait fo the cops, to keep them away from the truckloads that go up the same highway.

I tend to believe, in some cases, that the bust(s) are set up by the local cops to keep their DEA grants alive, but as dumb as the busts seem to be, I have no real proof of that.

Whatever this was, and however they (the local cops) got wind of it, I don't think it was any of the above . .

BUT . . The story of how it went down is another of those that will make you say "Hmmmm?" . . Much the same as "The Officer saw a cracked windshield and stopped the car" . . At midnight and going the other way on a four lane highway with a wide median? What sharp eyes you have, grandma . . .

Yeah, somebody dropped a dime . . .
    "A man with a firearm is a citizen... a man without one is a subject"

Silver Member

Couldn't they just say it was medicinal?