Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Pueblo Cops . . Problem There?

Go ahead and elaborate, large.

Sandra, I noticed in this morning's Chieftain that the hunt for a new police chief was derailed when applicants cited too many problems in the police department and withdrew. Do you suppose Velez is just the only guy who would take the job?
    Yield to temptation, it may not pass your way again - Lazarus Long

I'm going to wait this one out . . there's a lot more to this than meets the eye, I'm thinking . .
    "A man with a firearm is a citizen... a man without one is a subject"

Quote Originally Posted by large View Post
    I'm going to wait this one out . . there's a lot more to this than meets the eye, I'm thinking . .
    The most interesting comment in the Chieftain piece was the last paragraph when Rhodes said he was told six months ago that Velez would be appointed interim chief and the permanent chief later on. Seems like the decision had been made long ago, even before the other applicants abandoned ship. If my memory serves me correctly, Velez originally said he was not in the running for the chief position, but just a placeholder until the consultants did their thing.
    "The short memories of the American voters is what keeps our politicians in office." ~Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by large View Post
    Y'kno, this may have opened a can of worms for the city and their human resources people . .

Think about it . .
    and . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren
    The most interesting comment in the Chieftain piece was the last paragraph when Rhodes said he was told six months ago that Velez would be appointed interim chief and the permanent chief later on. Seems like the decision had been made long ago, even before the other applicants abandoned ship. If my memory serves me correctly, Velez originally said he was not in the running for the chief position, but just a placeholder until the consultants did their thing.
    And that may come back to haunt them. On several fronts. One might look to legal action from some (or all) of those applicants who literally wasted their time and resources applying for the job. The Police Union might have some sour grapes on hand, as well as might some of the members of the City Council once things start to go South. There's all kinds of little legal entanglements that Jerry Pacheco has exposed himself to . . And it begs to question the credibility of Velez himself . . What did he know and When did he know it? Velez already has a history that some consider questionable from his tenure as Police Chief of Colorado Springs . .

Also, we watched the Saga of Andy McLaclan, a case of Chief Velez making a bureaucratic mistake and then attempting to punish a subordinate for it . . Sort of like jumping to the conclusion that certain evidence could be done away with.

ButwotthehelldoIknow?

"The short memories of the American voters is what keeps our politicians in office." ~Will Rogers

Well, again, I'm gonna put my conclusions on hold for a while. But it's kinda like that "Cheap Suit", it may "Fit" but it still doesn't look right . . .