Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wow! Lookit alla the police chief candidates this year!

Default Wow! Lookit alla the police chief candidates this year!

I see we have a gazillion candidates for Police Chief this year. What's up with that?

Jay Coons is certainly the most attractive looking - and his mother lives here! Isn't that nice? And he knows the names of Pueblo's neighborhoods, too, so I guess that's worth the other half of his brownie point.

Andrew McLachlan has 26 years experience with PPD, which should speak for itself. I liked his remark quoted in the Chieftain about not having a hostile environment or the community will suffer.

Rodney Walker - Just say no. I'm sorry -- he looks like a nice happy guy and all, but as Deputy Chief of the most inept and corrupt police department in the state, he's a worm in the bushel. Colorado Springs Police have a very bad reputation with more power and control issues than they can shake a stick at, mistreating citizens on a daily basis as they give the US Constitution the one fingered salute. CSPD is known for committing atrocities against citizens that our current PD would never put up with - breaking into homes without warrants, taking surveillance equipment that captured it into "evidence" then destroying it later; pulling handicapped citizens out of their cars by their hair, tasering children, falsely accusing people of things - this man is all part of that Administration, and we don't need or want any of that in police leadership here.

Gary Adams - he has experience in affluent neighborhoods - he might not like it (or fit in) here. If he gets the job, he'll need new glasses - those wire rims won't last long. He did say he wants a challenge, and he'd definitely have one here.

Michael Denny might also be worth considering - he's from Mesa, AZ, so I'm sure he's kept pretty busy. I wonder what his thoughts are on Gov. Brewer's initiatives to fight illegal immigration. Anyone know anything about the reputation of the Department he comes from?

Robert Thomas Jr - from Delta and has been in Boulder. Hmm. He's interested in enforcing all laws, including the fireworks ban - Bessemer residents probably won't like him much.
    Last edited by Sandra; 12-03-2010 at 10:23 AM.
    Opinions expressed by me are mine only and are not in any way, shape, or form representative of the Pueblo Chieftain or Pueblo Community Forums.

What? No comments? No one cares about who our next police chief might be?
    Opinions expressed by me are mine only and are not in any way, shape, or form representative of the Pueblo Chieftain or Pueblo Community Forums.

My guess is McLachan and they brought the rest in to make it look like it was a national search.

Huh?

Do the little people have a say?

Aren't these kinds of decisions made by big money consultants who conduct studies funded by six figure taxpayer dollars?

Contact your city council person, I guess? Or do we talk to the City Manager? Who makes the final decision?

City Manager makes the final decision, so it is Jerry Pacheco's dog and pony show.

Anyone got his email address? I'd like to send him an email....

Quote Originally Posted by Loren Swelk View Post
    My guess is McLachan and they brought the rest in to make it look like it was a national search.
    Nahhh . . Andy's too old, gonna retire in less than 5 . . Coons is the front runner I think . . Denny's a close second because of his varied experience as a Policeman, Administrator and Prosecutor . .

As for Thomas? Fireworks? . . Whackamole is easier and more effective . . In Delta, you could find the guy who fired the firework before it came down . . Pueblo's a little more spread out!

And Loren's right, in the end, what we think don't matter, it's Pacheco's deal . .

Based upon what's happening in Bessemer Park, we don't need a Chief, we need more indians . . .
    Last edited by large; 12-03-2010 at 07:00 PM.
    "A man with a firearm is a citizen... a man without one is a subject"

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    Anyone got his email address? I'd like to send him an email....
    cityadmin@pueblo.us I think. The council each has their own so this is all I have for Pacheco.

Heh, heh, Autencio says the East siders are complaining about "Police Harassment" by running the complainants through CIC when they call to complain about their neighbors or gang members . . Kind of the same thing that went down when they had the Human Relations farce after the Pino killing. All the Jailbirds showed up to complain about the Police picking on them and their kids (when they weren't in jail)

And the rest of Council beefing about the overtime they're paying the PD . . But based on the last week's occurrances in Bessemer Park, if the Patrol Division is collecting any of it, it's being used to buy Donuts and Coffee and stay in out of the cold . .

On the other hand, the Detectives are working their Koondingies off most of the time . .

And I've been told that most of the DUI Patrol and set ups are overtime . . So where do they cut?

And I'm still betting on Coons . . .
    "A man with a firearm is a citizen... a man without one is a subject"