Thread: Pueblo has highest crime rate in Colorado

Default Pueblo has highest crime rate in Colorado

COLORADO -- Pueblo has the highest crime rate among all Colorado cities, according to the 2010-2011 crime index report released Wednesday by the Uniform Crime Reporting Program.

http://www.coloradoconnection.com/ne...aspx?id=545929

Here are the complete Colorado state rankings, along with their crime rate percentages above or below the national average:

112 - Pueblo: +69.24%
    141 - Denver: +52.04%
    171 - Aurora: +35.04%
    175 - Colorado Springs: +31.76%
    190 - Lakewood: +24.78%
    247 - Greeley: -6.14%
    260 - Fort Collins: -12.07%
    263 - Thornton: -12.20%
    294 - Westminster: -26.72%
    296 - Boulder: -27.63%
    328 - Longmont: -39.45%
    336 - Arvada: -43.35%
    378 - Centennial: -63.53%

But the Chief of Police and the Sheriff say that it's not true, the figures are skewed.

Why would those two honorable people lie?
    "A man with a firearm is a citizen... a man without one is a subject"

I have a hard time believing those facts, myself - unless they're per capita or unless they're also counting petty crimes.

Has anyone seen this? According to this, crime is down in Pueblo in 2009:
    http://pueblo.us/documents/AnnualRep...rtPuebloPD.pdf

In keeping up with the news, last year Colorado Springs had about 24 murders in 2009, although their official stats show 14 in one report, 15 in another, 16 in another report 19 in yet another report. So which is it?

Their Police report shows 15 murders last year to Pueblo's 6. The Denver Post reports 38 murders in Denver last year.
    Opinions expressed by me are mine only and are not in any way, shape, or form representative of the Pueblo Chieftain or Pueblo Community Forums.

Going back to the article, I think they were using "per Capita" stats, but . . my memory is short . . It also alluded to how the charge was filed initially and how it was finalized by the courts or dismissed by the court or DA . . Apparently, the Feebies put it in as whatever the preliminary filing was, thus, if the cops throw the book at a dude (or dudess) the FBI records those, not what the perp is finally charged with and tried for . . (or plea bargained out)

ButwotthehelldoIknow?
    "A man with a firearm is a citizen... a man without one is a subject"

Quote Originally Posted by large View Post
    Apparently, the Feebies put it in as whatever the preliminary filing was, thus, if the cops throw the book at a dude (or dudess) the FBI records those, not what the perp is finally charged with and tried for . . (or plea bargained out
    One again "Plea Bargain Bill" Thiebaut does what the Chamber of Commerce has tried so hard to do, bring national attention to Pueblo.

So the Feebs rack up thefirst degree felony charge, not the plea bargained fourth degree misdemeanor?

So whats new with this? Nothing Pueblo wants to keep the stats hidden because new business is not going to come to a high crime city. Go to the police Dept and ask about drive by shooting might suprise you all. Look at the juvienile court records or better yet go to the court house and set in the court room and watch the parents saying the cops are picking on there child. How many gangs are in Pueblo? How many plea bargins that never make the paper? How many random crimes that they can not catch? Back in the day Pueblo was called Little Chicago and not much has changed. Go to the school district and ask about crimes in the schools that they hide. That is why I moved my family away from Pueblo I did not want my grandkids to grow up around all of the hate and the lies your groverment officials tell you. Dig a little and get an education
    Buster