Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: drive by shooter gets 5 years....

Default drive by shooter gets 5 years....

wow.. Colorado is WAY messed up now... ok Sandra, you gotta agree this is wrong. HOW can a man only get 5 years for this?! i am so miffed to find this out. And to think what i have almost faced. And yes i'm still free and fine. I wonder if his judge was Victor Reyes..... this makes me want to just end it all when i see stuff like this..i've never ONCE been violent ever despite mistakes

You're right, I do agree with your remark.

We're never going to get a handle on gang violence this way, for one thing, and for another, didn't you get more time for a lessor offense? I mean, nobody died in your case, did they?

The judge in this case was District Judge Jill Mattoon.

The courts and the whole System needs to be worked over. When I was there in Pueblo we had over 400 drive buys. I know an 75 year old woman who lives on the west side that had 18 holes put in her house and she lives alone if it was not for her heater she would of been killed. I also had a person doing community service for no incurance and he had more hours then you can count. another with a gun violence charge had only 40 hrs. I raised hell and it went on deaf ears. Untill The Community of Pueblo takes a stand all we can do is Bit--

Quote Originally Posted by Buster.Tripp@Gmail.com View Post
    The courts and the whole System needs to be worked over. When I was there in Pueblo we had over 400 drive buys. I know an 75 year old woman who lives on the west side that had 18 holes put in her house and she lives alone if it was not for her heater she would of been killed. I also had a person doing community service for no incurance and he had more hours then you can count. another with a gun violence charge had only 40 hrs. I raised hell and it went on deaf ears. Untill The Community of Pueblo takes a stand all we can do is Bit--
    Back to making your State legislators change law . . Consider this . .

Loading a handgun has one purpose, basically . . to take a life. No matter whether the end intent will be for self defense, robbery, or just plain mayhem, that's what a Handgun is basically for . . Killing somebody/something . . And it should be treated as such . . Any one using a Handgun in the process of committing any kind of crime should become automatically guilty of attempted first degree murder . . Because all that separated them from Murder is either lousy aim or the inability to pull the trigger . .

Now there are those reading this that might argue this . . but . . Cardinal Rule ONE in Gun or weapons handling is: Don't point a Gun at anything you don't intend to kill . . loaded or unloaded . .

Using this one rule as a basis for all firearm related crime, being it menacing, Assault, Robbery, "Drive By", or out and out Homocide would, in most cases, bring this insanity to a screeching halt . . Of course, that would still force judges to do their part and sentence these creeps accordingly . .

And the judges should feel free to tack on another mandatory 10 years if the gun has been stolen . . That will come closer to taking the stolen guns off the street than all the laws against theft ever will . .
    "A man with a firearm is a citizen... a man without one is a subject"

Here we go again. It is not the gun that kills it is the people. There is more gun violence from stolen guns then you can count. We can pass laws till we turn blue in the face. I you are going to kill some one use something that can not come back to you and our Youth have learned the leason well. Takes common sence and this something America has lost

I think you completely missed the point . .

i went off on an old gripe and at my age i miss a lot of stuff

What I was saying . . Is that . . when you load a handgun, you are preparing to take a life. When the gun comes out, somebody is gonna die (unless the shooter has a lousy aim, or he didn't intend to do much more than frighten someone) But primarily, and I've said this often, when you load a handgun, whether your intent is good or bad, if the gun has to be used, death is gonna be involved . .

Thus . . Anytime a Handgun, legal or stolen, is used in the commission of a crime, whether it involves gunfire or not, in the minimum, "Attempted 1st Degree Homocide" is, or should be, the primary charge, and the suspect shouldn't be charged with anything less unless the D.A. decides to "pile it on" . . The suspect, if found guilty, should then be sentenced within the statues pertaining to "Attempted 1st Degree Homocide" . .

On the "Stolen Gun" thing . . I have always felt that the State Statues should contain a law pertaining to "Felonies involving Stolen Guns", making it mandatory to convict and sentence any party using (or carrying) a stolen gun while committing a felony of any type, to a sentence of confinement for a period of 10 years, with no parole provisions . . And no deals or plea bargains could be arranged on the stolen gun charge . .

But, we need legislators who will write law like that . . and Judges that will pass the sentences needed . .

Default I love guns

I use a handgun at least once a week. I clean them, I load them, I shoot them. I take out old washers, dryers, microwaves , and other items. I shoot singles, revolvers, semi autos , and shotguns. I love to hear the echos across the desert floor. I do not use them to intimidate or threaten. I become as familiar with them as I can. I do so in the event that I ever need one I have the ability to use them. Guns are just tools. Like my staple gun.

wow.. i love everyone on here. i don't like copy and paste and not sure i understand the quote button on each post SO....

1st. i loved what everyone said. thanks for replying. Sandra, you always have GREAT knowledge. I have missed you the last few months.

Also, for the record (and i'm not going to get off on talking about me again like before so much...) i have NEVER even touched a gun, and i am almost 38. I'm not afraid of them, just don't care. And yes Sandra, no one was hurt, killed or injured when i did what i did. I still regret it deeply, and i am deeply convicted of this daily. However i maintain for reasons unknown..Grace of God perhaps.

Also, i remember Jill Mattoon. I remember she does give light sentences. Perhaps she tries as a judge to see the best in the offenders before her in court. I am the same way. However, if i were a judge i WOULD be harsh/er on violent offenses, ESPECIALLY if they had served time once before and didn't learn a lesson...

2nd: just my opinion, but i don't think ANY gang member carries a gun for a good reason. I mean... i know you all know that too.

3rd: to Sandra again, Yes my case... to jog the memory of it, was a conviction for identity theft (which involved about 100-200 dollars on a credit card) which i was given 4 years for (at CCSI), i was sentenced for 5 years for ATTEMPTED Burglary... there was never proof i broke in and for all i know it could have been someone else.. i confess to running a bit with people i knew i should NOT have been hanging out with. Abusing prescription drugs made me learn the hard way. Nevertheless, I... was the one on camera at WalMart with the victims credit card like an idiot with half closed eyes bombed out on benzodiazepines..

I'll again state their is NO one to blame BUT me.

So, yes, this resulted in a 9 year sentence to be served consecutively should i be captured for walking out on the CCSI program.

Remember, i had NO prior felonies ever. Whatever happens with me, i am at peace folks..

I appreciate genuinely the debates here, and the one i started months ago. And to state the obvious... that my personal conviction daily because of my poor choices and fleeing CCSI is sometimes soothed over a tad by doing the strange things i've done like.. post on an internet forum, admitting who i am and maybe setting myself up for capture..

I watch crime programs too, the real ones though.. NOT CSI or Law and Order.. I watch MSNBC LockUp (to prepare if i ever...), Forensic Files and the like.

Davide, you always make me laugh.. love the wit...

Thanks everyone for answering my thread.. makes me feel less ostracized <<<<(spelling?) from society to know that my opinion still matters to some people.

Large... thanks for your input as well.. great logic you always have as well..

NOW..i'm gonna wait to see if Loren Swelk comes on to bury me finally in the hole with said flagellated horse.... lol...