Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Changes Coming to Pueblo City Schools

Being schooled in almost any rural setting usually teaches you practical applications, instead of Political Correctness (Neither correct nor tolerant)
    "A man with a firearm is a citizen... a man without one is a subject"

Do rural school districts have teacher's unions?

Actually, in most cases, YES . . at least in Kansas and Colorado. My mother taught in several rural school districts while I was growing up, and she always belonged to (and swore by) both NEA and CEA. And I'm pretty sure she belonged to KEA as well after the war . . Before we migrated to Colorado . .

But, as sodbuster inferred, the country kids didn't have spare time to hang around the Malt Shop or the corner Gas Station after school. Back in the day, it was get yer keister home, get in your work clothes and do all the things the type of farming your parents did to make a living, called for. Generally, by the time you got through that and did your homework or study, going to sleep was an automatic . . And any opinions about much of anything was handled by your Parents, not some dipshit a couple of years older than you were . .

Don't get me wrong, country kids could (and did) get in as much trouble as city kids, given a little time . . and in a lot of cases, we had better resources . . and longer range . . Remember, most of us started driving tractors when we were 6 or 7 and by the time we got to be 10 or 11, were getting around pretty good in the old man's pickup . . Back then, few, if any cops ventured out in the lanes, preferring to stay on Highway 50 most of the time . .

I could go on, but I won't . . .

I moved out of colorado or Pueblo because I wanted a better education for my grand kids. I fought to put two kids threw the Pueblo school system along with myself and 8 brothers and sisters all went to Pueblo schools. and I was ashamed of the whole process. Here in Oregon My daughter lives in a little town of about 12.000 people and all three of my grandchildren are on the Honor role. Pueblo breeds way to much hate and they teach it in the schools.
    Buster

No wonder nothing is ever accomplished by the Pueblo City Schools School Board. Here are a few selected quotes from today's Chieftain article:

"He said the first step would be to select a consultant to look into the feasibility"

Followed one paragraph down by:

"In the meantime, Gazette said the district should form a committee to gather facts"

Then:

"He said the district should host public hearings to present the facts and gather feedback"

..and finally:

"When a decision is made, the district must work on a transition plan"

First step is to find somebody else to both blame and to lay the blame on . .

It is my understanding that the top nine administrators are now from Colorado Springs and live there. They are working on 110 day contracts. Only one in the top ten is left from the previous administration (and a Pueblo resident). The entire building is walking on eggshells.

Of course, put people in charge who have no skin in the game . . Good plan, if you want it to spin out of control . . .