Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is your opinion on "legalizing" Medical Marijuana use ?

Lightbulb Go dope smokers..!!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33376482

This is twenty years late. There me be hope for us after all.:razz:

Default What is your opinion on "legalizing" Medical Marijuana use ?

Is it a sign of the continued decline of society ? Is it an answer to prayer for suffering people all over the country ?

I don't care, but . . .
    Quote:
    Fourteen states allow some use of marijuana for medical purposes: Alaska, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont and Washington.
    . . .

It's the inambiguities of the different State's laws that create the problems of enforcement, not a change of heart about it's federal illegality . .

Holder is doing no more than honoring "State's Rights" . .

There are (and those will increase) dope dealers who will "Game" the system . . especially within the states that allow "Medical Marijuana" growing and use . . California, Colorado and Oregon, to name three, because of more liberal laws . .

I don't think that it's going to set off a rush of legislatures in all the states that deny Medical use and growing to legalize it . . My bet is that a lot of them will adopt a wait and see policy. My bet also is, watch for a reinstatement of Federal prosecution if Marijuana use outside the legalized states begins to increase.
    "A man with a firearm is a citizen... a man without one is a subject"

Default Where do you get the good stuff ?

From davide's link:
    Another shop is located in a charming Victorian with exposed brick walls, cushy leather couches and a coffee counter serves lattes and herbal teas. The drinks, of course, are spiked with cannabis-infused honey tincture that a reviewer says is "guaranteed to give you more than just a caffeine buzz."
    Sounds more recreational than medicinal.
    There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't

--CF
    Forum Administrator

I thought it was news? Hi CF, I do like your title better

Drug= a substance used as or in medicine : a substance affecting bodily activities often in a harmful way and taken for other than medical reasons.

Alcohol= a colorless flammable liquid that is the intoxicating element in fermented and distilled liquors.

Marijuana= the dried leaves and flowering tops of the female hemp plant that are somtimes smoked for their intoxicating effect.

If I was a drug company, I would spend billions to ensure marijuana was made illegal and kept illegal. So as not to affect my profits in the drug market. I would want to be the only pusher in town.

After a rough day at work, I need to take my medication to calm down. I have a beer , maybe wine, a shot if necessary and hope I dont drink to much and then beat my wife and kids. Or I could come home and smoke pot and eat cheese doodles, play video games and watch cartoons with my kids.

"I dont smoke dope because it is illegal." "I dont drink much because alcohol will kill you." "I have to stop chewing my fingernails until they bleed." The list goes on and on.

These are just some of the things I see on a daily basis. I think they should make marijuana legal. As for a gateway drug? People start drinking way before they try pot and the serious drugs.

PS.Sorry about posting in the wrong section. Glad to be back. First serious discussion I have had since last time. Hope everyone has been well..

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by CountryFlowers View Post
    From davide's link:

Sounds more recreational than medicinal.
    I'll just stick with alcohol for medicinal and recreational purposes. But, my "pad" does have some paraphernalia. I couldn't resist buying a French absinthe fountain.
    Attachment 616

Just to let everyone know - I merged the two topics since they're both about the same thing. (Large, that's why your post duplicated.)

Maninbox, the title isn't mine, it's the title of the thread I merged yours with.

:-)

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't

--CF
    Forum Administrator

no worries.. Sorry large, didnt mean to " high " jack your thread.

Default Bob N.

Nice looking server, by the way, where did you buy it??
    Henryk Senior