Thread: From Banned Substances to Isotopes

Silver Member

Default From Banned Substances to Isotopes

Have you heard? Manny's on Isotopes (roster that is). After his extended absence Manny Ramirez is getting back into playing shape and has been assigned to the Dodger's Triple-A affiliate, the Albuquerque Isotopes.

The sports networks are all a-buzz over this, but New Mexico has gone mad:

1. Sold more tickets than any game in Isotopes history.
    2. Governor Richardson whose office is about 60 miles away in Santa Fe shows up for the event and makes a statement.
    3. Ticket takers were wearing dreadlocks.
    4. Manny gets standing O when he comes up to lead off in the first.

Manny flew Southwest into Albuquerque, but failed to do the early check-in online, resulting in being seated in the middle seat. I wonder if Tiger flew Southwest to get to the U.S. Open? Have Kobe, Shaq or Peyton ever ended up in the middle seat? I haven't heard anything about how anyone got to their destination, except for Manny. Meanwhile, mild-mannered, soft-spoken Albert Pujols quietly continues to hit the cover off of the ball. What a Country!

It's just Manny being Manny whenever he gets his dick caught in the wringer.

Guy sells lots of tickets though and is great for the game.

Batboy: Get a hit Crash!
    Crash: Shut up!

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Old Sweater View Post
    It's just Manny being Manny whenever he gets his dick caught in the wringer.

Guy sells lots of tickets though and is great for the game.
    I'm sure your not the first person to ever use that version of the colloquialism about the proverbial wringer in print. I have no basis to criticize you on that, but I prefer the more standard version where it's the tit that gets caught. The main reason I prefer that is that the height of the human breasts closely resembles the height of the wringer on a conventional washer. It would be very hard for Manny to get the other caught, due to the height of the wringer. Well on second thought, Manny is a certainly more blessed than a most of us in a lot of areas. Perhaps, if he was in the right frame of "mind," it could happen.

I guess I'll just back off and give you that one.

For anyone out there with some artistic talent, I'd appreciate a cartoon drawing that happening to Manny. It might not make the non-tabloid papers, however.
    Last edited by Bob Nattering; 06-29-2009 at 04:01 PM.

Depends on how tall you are (or short your washing machine is) . . and what you go around sticking in it . . .

A friend of mine that's from Turkey town and was up here last week for the Rod deal said they had a line around the ball field with people trying to buy tickets . . Hell, the Dodgers could make a killing with their farm teams, just send Manny around for a week at each one!
    "A man with a firearm is a citizen... a man without one is a subject"

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by large View Post
    Depends on how tall you are (or short your washing machine is) . . and what you go around sticking in it . . .
    Well, if Manny's being honest here, it was a mighty short washing machine.

Attachment 521

Is it just my fault that threads keep veering off to discussion of body parts?
    Last edited by Bob Nattering; 06-30-2009 at 06:23 AM.

Yer a prevert, Nattering . . . Heh, heh . .

Dunno how true it is, but it is said, Manny's "drug problem" had everything to do with what he might have stuck in the wringer . . the "bat' and nothing at all about hitting a ball . . .

butwotthehelldoIknow?
    "A man with a firearm is a citizen... a man without one is a subject"

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by large View Post
    Yer a prevert, Nattering . . . Heh, heh . .

. . .
    I don't know what makes you think that. I'm just hangin' out doin' my thing.

Attachment 523