Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thiebaut loses another one

Default Thiebaut loses another one

Looks like Judge Reyes is getting tired of "Plea Bargain" Bill. He tossed this one out this morning. Read the article and tell me if you don't agree that Bill was giving everything way to get a conviction at any cost, and without jail time to boot!
    http://www.chieftain.com/articles/20...8297195245.txt
    Last edited by Loren Swelk; 04-23-2009 at 09:16 AM. Reason: sp

Default Thiebaut Finally Grows a Pair

It only cost the taxpayers $41,000 for "Plea Bargain Bill" to realize that an
    ADA with a long history of courtroom no-shows was a liability to the department.
    http://www.chieftain.com/articles/20...5916582550.txt

"Half of a job is just showing up" . . in almost any case . .
    "A man with a firearm is a citizen... a man without one is a subject"

Right on Large. Loren, you seem to be up on the DA's office and what it's doing. If you've got a story let me know. Favorable or not. I'm on the Communications Committee for the local republican party, and we're trying to find stories for our newsletter all the time. My email is opaswearingen@hotmail.com. If you'd rather not, that's fine, too.

Default Charlie McThiebaut

Well this is a big surprise from today's Chieftain:
    http://www.chieftain.com/articles/20...a563815280.txt
    I especially like the use of the phrase "All I can say is that these are the facts presented in the case, as unorthodox as it may sound."
    Does that mean "as clumsily as the evidence could be quickly fabricated?"

The physical descriptions of the incident defy even fiction writer's standards . . not to mention, nothing was said about the 3 shots the police fired or the five shots witnesses said they heard . . nor, how, the gun went from the left hand, under the right arm, over a nearly five foot concrete hand rail, after the man holding the gun was shot in the back of the neck . . geometry and physics defy that particular reaction. Not to mention after even two shots, none were returned . .

Suicide by Cop . . . No video, so everybody skates . .

And Winchester never made a 9mm pistol . . just the ammunition.

What can one expect when one law enforcement agency investigates another, with whom they work with daily?

Had it been me, a civilian, with the explanation that has been given, unless Witt had fired first, and there was a preponderance of evidence that he had, I'd be discussing the whole deal with Bubba, my new cellmate and Joe Koncilia, my Lawyer . .

I can't comment but in a few weeks I have a storey that will blow everybodys mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Mclower2001 View Post
    I can't comment but in a few weeks I have a storey that will blow everybodys mind.
    Heh, heh, bring facts, 'cause there's people up here who lean every which way and will beat you to death over spelling and grammar . .

welcome to the board . .

Default Keep an eye on this one.

Greg Robinson was buried today, over a 1,000 people attended. The 15 year old who pulled out in front of his motorcycle on May 12th was driving without a license or a learners permit and had his drunk step father in the truck he was driving. The 15 year old has yet to be charged and the drunk relative has been charged with only minor offenses. Keep an eye on how Thiebaut handles this one.

Lessee where it goes . . I think this one will require more wisdom than Thiebault can muster . .

Actually . . Who's guilty of what here?

Are we going to make an example of a kid? Or his stepfather, who, while wrong, perhaps, tried to prevent exactly what happened, by putting someone who hadn't drank, in the driver's seat. His wrong assumption that the kid wouldn't make a driving error really doesn't deserve a vehicular homicide charge . . He's guiltier than the kid, but of what? Drunken spectating? Drunken teaching? Lack of individual responsibility? Probably the latter, but is there a specific law concerning it?

One year is the difference between the time the kid would have been out and making the same mistake (possibly) that he made a week ago . .

What if . . The kid would have been a 15 year old anglo girl, with her sober mother allowing her to drive? Would Griz be a little less dead?

I know of many parents who have taught their kids to drive in parking lots and out on the street before they ever go for their learner's permit. How else do urban kids learn to drive?

I grew up in the country, was driving a tractor by the time I was 10 or 11, and driving a car or pickup on the lanes by the time I was 13 . . City kids don't get those opportunities . .

Not even arguing, but adding food for thought on whatever decision Monty II makes . .