Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pueblo Motorsports Park

Default Pueblo Motorsports Park

Just to rub it in . . How far off was I?

Road, Commercial Development, Off Road only IF . . etc . . All outlined last Sunday in the Chieftain . .

Just goes to show you, Quality of life is in the eye of the beholder . . As in "We don't need no stinkin' Racetrack or Motorcycle Park" . .
    "A man with a firearm is a citizen... a man without one is a subject"

I would say that on a scale of 1-10 you were at about an 11.25.

How is it that there is no operating agreement in place between ANYBODY and the city for the Pueblo Motorsports Park and yet NEK is out there running a training session? Are they paying the city rent? I doubt it. Has council really invesigated these people? I doubt it. Please council ,dont give our asset to someone who has no intention of maintaining what a lot of people over the past 30 some years built.

Quote Originally Posted by Racer View Post
    How is it that there is no operating agreement in place between ANYBODY and the city for the Pueblo Motorsports Park and yet NEK is out there running a training session? Are they paying the city rent? I doubt it. Has council really invesigated these people? I doubt it. Please council ,dont give our asset to someone who has no intention of maintaining what a lot of people over the past 30 some years built.
    Actually, we don't know that to be true . . we just know that there has been no announcement, formal or otherwise, of an agreement or lease to NEK/FRM/Management Solutions from the City of Pueblo.

However, Management Solutions (Darrel Contreras-Earlene Thies) has announced, almost a month ago, that they had reached an agreement with Front Range Motorsports and will be the Operator/promoter of the Drag Strip and are proceeding with operational Scheduling and rulesmaking.

Gonna have to guess here, because as I said, nothings been announced or revealed but if FRM is signing lease agreements with anybody, they apparently have control of the property . . .

Basically, the horse is gone . . and the gate's open . .

There is no agreement yet. The deal between FRM and Solutions is verbal

Quote Originally Posted by Racer View Post
    There is no agreement yet. The deal between FRM and Solutions is verbal
    OK, so I'm sure you have read this . . which is posted on the Pueblo Motorsports Park web site:
    Darrell Contreras, President and C.E.O. of Solutions agreed “The pioneers of PMP spent years of their life building a motorsports facility that reflected their personal values. The legacy they left and the future principles will meld to continue their goal.” Solutions Management will assume management of drag racing events at PMP by an agreement with Mr. John Wood, President of Front Range Motorsports. Mr. Contreras continued “The unifying principles of fairness, honesty and integrity, commitment to excellence, positive attitude, respect, faith and perseverance are the aspiration of Solutions management.”
    And . . you're telling us that all this is only by verbal agreement? Nothing cynical here, but you've got to be kidding! M.S. is soliciting money by contracting memberships, sale of pit parking for the competitors, and a couple of other things, and doesn't even have a binding agreement to use the facility on it's scheduled days . . ? Or . . for that matter, NEK or FRM only has a verbal agreement with the City of Pueblo?

Ain't possible . . the financial responsibilities and other liabilities have to be shouldered by someone besides the City, and without a binding agreement, the City becomes the responsible party for anyone's negligence within that property . . Somebody, somewhere signed something . . if they didn't, both the former City Manager, the Acting City Manager, and the City Council needs to be recalled and possibly jailed . .

ButwotthehelldoIknow?

Tis true, council hasn't seen much less approved of a new operating agreement. so Nek gets the place for free.

Well, Besides the fact that NEK is probably tearing up the corners on the road course, and not being held responsible for it, (or charged) should NEK (or anyone else) have an accident involving injuries or even a fatality, the City is totally wide open for a lawsuit . . Big Time . . No matter what any verbal agreement happened to be . . "He said, She Said", doesn't hold an ounce of water in a court of law . .

And while I'm not entirely sure, I think that the lack of binding agreement with either the property owner or the responsible lessor would make Management Solutions unable to purchase Liability or Event Insurance for their Operations . .

Way back when, the importance of a "Paper Trail" designating responsibility was of utmost import and if you didn't have it, then nothing went forward!

Ultimately, the City of Pueblo is being Negligent!

Quoting Mike Occhiatto: "John Wood, the director of Front Range Motorsports, the NEK subsidiary designed to manage the park, has more racing experience and more ability to manage the park than Pueblo Motorsports Inc. ever had."

Huh? Who the Hell is John Wood, and who did he ever "Drive for"? Never heard of the guy until NEK came out from under whatever rock they were under . . collectively, Pueblo Motorsports, Incorporated has operated PMP successfully for 30 years seamlessly, without help from the city, and at no cost or liability. Any one of a number of management teams have come and gone, and all can claim a better business record than can Mike Occhiatto, who inherited a renewable gold mine and has less than nothing to show for it . .He's a hell of judge to compare anyone's capabilities in the world of business . .

I would add, (you knew I would) that having been a part time racer of one kind or another, does not qualify one as a Promoter and Track Operator. Too often the racer sees track operation entirely as "Racing", wherein a successful operator looks at it as "Entertainment featuring racing cars" . . There's a hell of a difference!

I would not assume to be the last word . . but, having been involved in both racing and track management for over 45 years, and while not having had the chance to be involved with everyone in the business, I have NEVER heard of John Wood, either as a racer or track operator . . But I'm sure Mike Ochiatto has . . hmmm?

Y'get a chance Mike, fill me in . . .

According to the Chieftain this morning, Jeff Chostner is our man!

And the paper thinks it's a good Idea . . wotta buncha morons . . . typical newspaper, if it doesn't involve a ball, it can't be a sport. We won't write about it nor will we support the facility that the events are held at . . Apparently, a dirt bike is an instrument of the devil . . .