Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bill Thiebaut and His Merry Band of Bozos II

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    So given that, I wonder if Mullins has any health or physical issues that are getting in her way of being able to "keep up"? Maybe she should visit a physician near her for a medical exam just to be sure.
    You know what happens when you are late for a doctor's appointment? You are punished there too. Face it, the two courtrooms at one time is bogus, the under the influence of cold medication is bogus, she just is incompetent to do her job, a job that requires that definite things are done by specific times. If she couldn't get her act together and lost 20 trials to dismissal in Huerfano County, she is in the wrong profession. She would probably do well as a cable installer or a plumber, then she could say I will be there between one and five, like they do. Her incompetency is why she fits in so well in the District Attorney's office. They don't punish incompetency, if they did Bill Thiebaut would be out of a job.

Loren, actually, I've seen cases in court where they're setting dates and the judge will demand that the prosecutor be there even when they tell the judge that they're in the middle of another case in another courtroom. Again, this is in 4th, not here (this is 10th), so I can't speak to how they do things here, but in 4th I've seen the judge tell the prosecutor quite firmly that he'd better find a way to be there anyway or else, which I think is quite unreasonable.

Also, if you're in one courtroom and it's bound over a bit, you can't just up and leave to get to the other case, and often times hearings and trials will end up taking more time than anticipated, so it's not that easy.

If Mullins is the only one they're complaining about, though, then it sounds more like the problem is her than it is her case load. Either that or she's being picked on for some reason.

Losing 20 trials to dismissal seems a bit excessive, I'll say that. If it's misdemeanor stuff, fine but felony stuff - that bothers me.

Last edited by Loren Swelk; 02-10-2011 at 01:04 PM. Reason: sp

Dont know about this one but I think that this DA and the past DAs and the people who ever worked for them are a big joke. plea bargin this and plea bargin that. give a dam crook community service. when they should be shot
    Our Justice system has been broke for years and years. Now I like Bill as a person and belive he is trying. He came and talked to 400 kids at a meeting I had the day his father died and I respect the man not the office.
    Buster

The fix is on . . If Ianne gets more than 6 months of probation (Well, perhaps a year . . ) I'll kiss your a** at the corner of Fourth and Main at high Noon on Saturday . . .

This isn't ineptitude, it's outright "being bought off" . .

"The witnesses didn't see the bullet leave the muzzle of the gun and strike the intended victim" . . we been there before, got that T Shirt!

Monty Hall was a piker compared to this guy . .
    Last edited by large; 02-10-2011 at 04:17 PM.
    "A man with a firearm is a citizen... a man without one is a subject"

And that happened right in Pueblo. At the 85 club if i remember right. what has changed?
    Buster

Quote Originally Posted by Buster.Tripp@Gmail.com View Post
    And that happened right in Pueblo. At the 85 club if i remember right.
    Pueblo Lounge . .

Quote Originally Posted by Buster.Tripp@Gmail.com View Post
    what has changed?
    The names . . and the century . .
    Last edited by large; 02-10-2011 at 05:05 PM.

OK, in the Morning Paper, one of the reasons given by the D.A.'s Office for the dropping of 71 of the 72 charges was that they had "Questionable Witnesses" . .

Now, don't you think that should have been thought about before bringing even one charge against someone? A favorite line in all the Law and Order series and any other TV show involving a DA is; "Do you have enough evidence to get a conviction?"

Apparently you'll only hear that on TV . .

So, did Tony Ianne commit fraud in the stampede to sell homes to anyone they could get to sign a mortgage application? Or did Bill Thiebault and Company besmirch a man's (and his partners and employees) reputations and cost all of them thousands of dollars in legal representation? As well as all the taxpayer's dollars spent on this "Fishing Expedition"? Sounds like we have a D.A. with the same mentality (and apparent qualifications) as that of the former notorious DA Joe LoSavio!

ButwotthehelldoIknow?

Quote Originally Posted by large View Post
    Sounds like we have a D.A. with the same mentality (and apparent qualifications) as that of the former notorious DA Joe LoSavio!
    ....Bingo!