View Poll Results: Shall we allow or tolerate links in member signatures?

Voters
7. This poll is closed
  • Yes for everyone except spammers

2 28.57%
  • Yes, but only for registered members who have been in good standing for at least 12 months

1 14.29%
  • Yes, but only for registered members who have been in good standing for at least 6 months

0 0%
  • Yes, but only with approval from the Super Administrator

2 28.57%
  • No, not for anyone at any time.

2 28.57%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hyperlinks in member signatures

Banned

Default hyperlinks in member signatures

Sandra, you posted your URL at one time.
    I did the same.
    I have no disclaimer, as do you.
    you might have my IP.
    I do not engage in subversive hacking, phreaking, or virus technologies with malicious intent towards others.
    so what if I have a NEW webserver with a NEW forum?
    spell it out.
    chat is to come but I don't want the headache of moderation, so maybe not.
    chat only to desirables, might be the solution.
    you are welcome to post, anytime.

none, when I posted my url I first obtained permission from the webmaster.

Default hyperlinks in member signatures

I'm asking for feedback concerning URLs in member signatures.

At present, the system is set up to allow links in user signatures, but apparently that seems to be annoying people.

I'd like member feedback on this. What do you, as members, feel would be acceptable for signature links?

Shall we make it so that people who post links in their signatures have to have permission? Or should they be established for so many months first and be members in good standing?

There are times when a link in a signature should be appropriate and there are times when they just aren't, depending on the nature of the content. I'm going to let you members decide. I'll leave this issue open until December 7. After that, whatever you all decide will be the rule. If you can't decide, then I'll set a new rule about that myself, how does that sound?

Also, I'm moving a couple of posts on that topic to this one so you can further discuss that if you want. Apparently a couple of you posted your remarks just before and just after mine before I could close the topic. Good timing, you two.
    Last edited by CountryFlowers; 10-24-2008 at 07:00 PM. Reason: making sticky

Banned

Talking

if its too much hassel for you then nah.
    but heck its optional to click it.
    so I say yes to URL's in signatures, as long as it passes the censored words filter settings.

Banned

Default history of issue....

for those looking for this URL I mistakenly said I posted, I didn't post it.
    I put the URL in my signature.
    and it did not contain any censored words unless nightmare or internet are censored.

none, I didn't ask you to remove your link for censored words, I asked you to remove it because of it being considered as spam.

If it is decided here that it's allowable, then you'll be able to post it in your signature again.

Banned

ten character limit is troublesome at times...
    my response is: ok

I voted.

(scuze me...lol...)

Default look at me! look at me!

It is my opinion that hyperlinks included in the member signature line represents gratuitous advertising and indicates a bloated ego. just sign your name. I personally don't want to peer into your personal life or beliefs.

A link in a signature spam?

So we going to remove putting links in posts as well, last time I checked this was an internet forum whats the point if you can link to content.

Every one needs to lighten up on the spam thing, not every link that is put in is spam. There is very little spam that makes it into this forum where it warrants such limits. It almost the same 5-6 people who post here all the time any way.

Need to lighten up a little.
    Last edited by spectre013; 10-25-2008 at 07:25 AM.
    Oh Noes I am a spammer