Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: City Council's CLOSED DOOR POLICY

I am sorry Sandra, but I stopped drinking the Kool Aid long ago. I have grown up, and that is what makes me so disappointed in the current City Council, they no longer feel they represent the people of Pueblo, but they are above the people of Pueblo.

I am sorry Sandra, but I stopped drinking the Kool Aid long ago. I have grown up,
    Your posts on this forum haven't convinced me of that, Loren. Try again. You're making blanket statements that you've picked up from the likes of Large not just about council, but about me, as well.

If you're so grown up why aren't you doing some of your own fact finding rather than relying solely on the gossip of people who have too much time on their hands? Rather than falsely accusing people of things, you would do well to go directly to the source of your concern and ask a few questions.

How would you like it if people were so irresponsible as to sit there and accuse you falsely based on someone else's gossip or anal outlook on life in general? I don't think you'd like that at all, so why are you doing it to others? And you say you've grown up?

There are no words to describe just how disgusted I am right now. There's no need for me to engage in this further.

artie, don't pay attention to Large and Loren Swelk. They bark at the city council on a regular basis because city council isn't asking their permission for everything they do.
    I really don't give a rat's a$$ if they ever call ME . . But it certainly is in the best interest of the citizens of Pueblo for them to call SOMEBODY!

It would even be better, when making decisions that will clearly affect not just MY wallet, but the wallets of my grandchildren, they would ask the citizens permission . . We're $33 million dollars farther in debt than we were when these carpetbaggers came into power, and no one has granted them the public permission to do so . . and we aren't even retaining the amenities that affect our quality of life . . But trading them off for Development, Development, Development, with no thought as to where they're going with it! or any real way of paying for it . .

The citizen has lost all input, because eMails and phone calls either go unheeded or worse, when answered are either smoke and mirrors or plain lies . . I don't (again) care whether they have TV in their damned meetings, because it's all "After the Fact" anyway . . The City Council hasn't earned any respect and they won't receive any . . Respect is a two way street . . Apparently, they either don't understand that or don't care . . and their actions indicate the Latter . .

Sandra, if you can't understand that, and you believe that the council is actually doing the bidding of the Populace, then SHOW ME SOME PROOF! You have done nothing than take up the side of the Council with absolutely no facts or repudiations other than to say "I'm Full of Sh*t!" . . and while that could be a possibility, you haven't proven either!
    "A man with a firearm is a citizen... a man without one is a subject"

I have fielded several phone calls from associates who continue to insist that the $11.8 million dollars (US) that we have agreed(?) to give Vestas to build their windmill towers . . They insist that the $11.8 mil is "PEDCO" Money, so it's already been approved by the Taxpayer and voters . .

Don't think so folks . . I believe, if you read the fine print, you'll find we ARE funding a "Business Recruiting Group" whose job is to "lure" new businesses into the area, City of Pueblo, preferably. Not to share in their mortgage and assume the liabilities of furnishing them with a Physical plant. Tax deferment (where it started) is one thing . . Putting them in a new factory is another thing altogether . .

We have gone from offering a long term reward for coming here to a lump of cash, which, more often than not, was taken, and then the company that was bribed has closed it's doors, with the Execs leaving with the wad of cash the City gave them in their briefcases . . and we had another empty building!

Vestas is a NEW, High Tech company, coming with new technologies and new logistical needs . . But if the people of Pueblo buy their physical plant and train their labor, then Vestas has no more than a partial interest in the Plant we have "Given" them . . They have no anchor, and could leave on a moment's notice . . as many before them with much the same investment has done . .

But, from the gitgo, PEDCO was a group of "Scouts' looking for companies wanting to relocate or expand, and offered, perhaps a "Discount" building costing a couple of hundred thousand, with future tax breaks and credits attached, should the new company employ a specific number of people after a specific time. Agreements were made with both the City Council and the County to do or allow those things . . . And the City Council or County Commissioners asked the citizens or made them aware of the deals before they were "done deals' . .

Not so anymore, and $11 million is a whole bunch bigger than a "Couple of Hundred Thousand" . . !

And . . several times in the last two years, the Pueblo Chieftain has published short editorials about the possibility of Vestas building a facility in the area, but it's certainly odd that the City kept the price of bribing them to come here under the Table or behind Closed Doors . .

That's my problem with it . . It's not Vestas, but the cost of the bribe . . will we see a ROI? Ever?

Or . . in three or four years, will technology just have created another large unoccupied building?

Quote Originally Posted by large View Post
    Don't think so folks . . I believe, if you read the fine print, you'll find we ARE funding a "Business Recruiting Group" whose job is to "lure" new businesses into the area, City of Pueblo, preferably.
    Wanna quote that "fine print" here, or should we also "believe" you aren't talking out of your ***? Maybe you could even link to the source document, so everyone could see you're an honest contributor.

Which you are, right?

Again, go read the PEDCO agreement with the city . . While it's a little "Vague" about the actual expenditures, it's a "recruiting tool" not a Financing Resource.

You want to argue it? Go find your "link" . . You're the one who's being dishonest, by arguing something without factual contradiction.

You're a small person, with even a smaller mind, who cannot argue anything successfully without wikipedia at your side. Your general knowledge is apparently nonexistent and your knowledge of the people in this community is about as narrow as angel hair pasta . .

You choose to argue things (Such as the PMI deal) when you have no knowledge of either the stakes or the people involved, or, what those people think.

And as I said, you don't know a "Drag Race" from a "Drag Queen", but you stuck your nose in, made an assumption, tossed an insult and made about 40 "friends" . .

That's pretty much the level of your input, which certainly is no more than shouting liar, liar, each time someone posts something . . or you degrade whoever a quote or link is authored by . . No source is good enough for you, because you can always google a contradictory source who, often as not, is totally lame or out in left field . .

Bottom line . . And you can argue this until you're Blue in the Face, We get to vote on whether we can have "Public Comment" in Televised City Council meetings (which, to me, means diddly squat), but we don't get to vote on an $11.8 million dollar Expenditure of Public Funds to a for Profit Corporation . . Or a $27 Million dollar deal on the Police Building . . again . . NO VOTE!

And if they can ask us to approve the initial $18.7 Million dollars by vote, then one would think the next $38 Million plus should be approved by the same process. Suppose?

Or did I miss something "in the fine print"?

Quote Originally Posted by I asked large, but he couldn't deliver
    Wanna quote that "fine print" here, or should we also "believe" you aren't talking out of your ***? Maybe you could even link to the source document, so everyone could see you're an honest contributor.
    So I didn't see an answer to this question. Too much for you to provide? I'm getting the sense that whenever you retreat to personal insults it's because you can't deliver the goods, which would make you just another meat puppet.

Make me wrong. "quote that 'fine print' here" or " link to the source document, so everyone could see you're an honest contributor."

Otherwise, I'll just assume you're dishonest (read that as "liar" if your sore conscience requires it), as you have demonstrated amply.

Back it up, or STFU. Can you meet that challenge? I'm betting not. Quote or link, large. It's just that simple.

Go dig it up, girlie boy . . or . . would you like to show up and require me to STFU in person?

I don't think you have either the balls or the ability!

Apparently you can't find anything to contradict my statement so you just sit and insult . . all the while hiding . .

I made a statement, and in it I said "I believe" . . Disprove it!

And, to further rain on your parades about Vestas, and "Renewable Energy". .

The greatest share of the money generated by constructing elements of the Wind turbines will be taken out of this country as profits by the builder (Denmark) who now unload their "Built in EU" parts in Galveston and Corpus Christi, Tx and trucks them to several destinations . . And this is a big bucks operation . . In the Corpus Yards I have seen subassemblies that would build probably 50 Wind Turbines, witnessed several on the road North, and it's quite an operation . . Building them closer to their installation points, of course would be far more profitable for their manufacturer, and of course, with locals providing the labor, probably cheaper in the long run . .

Especially when the taxpayer subsidizes the factory, the installation and the operation . .

Currently, less than 16% of our "Foreign Oil Imports" come from the Middle East, while 98% of the subsidies and profits for the "Wind Turbines", go back to the owners of those businesses in the EU . . I believe it's time you people wearing those rosy glasses got a look at reality!

That's the "International" and "Green" take on all this . . Many not only do not know this, they will argue it without any other facts than the belief that "Renewable Energy" and local jobs are the only thing . . They need to reach down and pull their heads out . . They will pay more than they get in the long run . . There is no free lunch!

And as for PEDCO, it has never been a financing agency nor was it ever intended to be . . The Bylaws are public record . .

Read Steve Henson's Editorial In Today's Chieftain. If You Desire To Argue In This Thread, And Maintain Any Creditable Standing, It Is Required Reading.