Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Closing of Orman Avenue

Default Closing of Orman Avenue

Closing of the 900 block of W Orman Avenue to all traffic to cut down on gang activity? Come on Dr. Garvin, you can do better than that...how about closing it down so the Martians (or the Venusians for that matter) will have a place to land and register for fall classes. They both make about as much sense. I don't bother my city councilman very often, but Mr. Thurston will hear from me on this one.

Dr. Garvin wants a closed campus, and a more "University like" setting . .

IF "gang activities" exist at PCC, closing Orman and all the streets around it aren't going to solve the problem . .
    "A man with a firearm is a citizen... a man without one is a subject"

Closeing down One street then closeing another is not going to solve the problem. City council has to have some b---s and a few more Cops on the street. We have discussed the Gang Problem till we are blue in the face.
    Send City council some of our ideas. Where are the Parents and where is the People of Pueblo? Somebody has to care

Quote Originally Posted by large View Post
    Dr. Garvin wants a closed campus, and a more "University like" setting . .
    No such claims are included in the Chieftain article.

IF "gang activities" exist at PCC, closing Orman and all the streets around it aren't going to solve the problem . .
    From the Chieftain's coverage:

Garvin presented a security report noting increasing gang activity, graffiti and even gunplay on campus and said that Orman provides an easy access and makes it impossible to lock down the campus during emergencies.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster.Tripp@Gmail.com View Post
    Closeing down One street then closeing another is not going to solve the problem. City council has to have some b---s and a few more Cops on the street. We have discussed the Gang Problem till we are blue in the face.
    Send City council some of our ideas. Where are the Parents and where is the People of Pueblo? Somebody has to care
    Judy Weaver agrees with you.

District 1 Councilwoman Judy Weaver, who represents the West Side and Hyde Park neighborhoods, said that while adding more police might help the problem, she still wants to know how they will be deployed and that officers will work during hours when the most crime happens.

She also suggested more satellite stations and noted that the city will need help from parents to make things work.

"No matter how many police officers we have there is still the issue of personal and family responsibility," Weaver said. "I'm always dismayed to hear about children walking around at night. But where are their parents? It's going to take all of us."

Dunno, I taught at PCC for 5 years and never heard about any gang activity, and I just believe he wants vacation of Orman through the campus for esthetics more than anything else. It would make the area the street occupies a "Plaza" that would tie the north and south campuses together . .

He wants a "University Feel" to the school . . again, it's gonna be "Feel Good" at the City and State's Expense . .

The "gang" thing is likely the "scare" all Politicians and others with agendas have learned to use, and everyone in Pueblo seems to be scared of Gangstas". Make the City Council wring it's hands a little more . .

I'm in favor of having an "Open Season" on the little bastards! With no bag limit !

Whaddya think about that, polly?

Dunno, I taught at PCC for 5 years
    5 years ending when?

Why would you care?

And who the F--- are you to ask?

Why would you care?

And who the F--- are you to ask?
    Me? Just another guy in the public forum. Like you.

I asked because your previous comment implies knowledge others don't have access to:

Dunno, I taught at PCC for 5 years and never heard about any gang activity, and I just believe he wants vacation of Orman through the campus for esthetics more than anything else. It would make the area the street occupies a "Plaza" that would tie the north and south campuses together . .
    Now, if that 5 years ended in 1980, obviously your implied claim to authoritative knowledge is open to question. If your tenure (to use the word loosely) ended last week, your credibility goes up.

So which is it? Do you know Dr. Garvin, and thus have some legitimate claim to inside information, or are you referring to personal experience that predates his arrival?

When did you work at PCC? Simple question, isn't it?

I left just prior to Gavin's hiring, if you must know..Dunno why you ask, you seem to think you know a lot about me . .

Apparently you don't . . but I've offered to let you get to know me personally . . I think you're just as smooth as Ken . . .