Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DA Thiebaut and his Band of Merry Bozos

Default DA Thiebaut and his Band of Merry Bozos

The old adage of "First rate people hire first rate people and second rate people hire third rate people" never has held more truth than in Bill Thiebaut's office. The history of missed court dates of Deputy Prosecutor West, the dismissals of important cases due to unreliable witnesses, the plea bargain at any cost mentality and the defense of drunken driving by employees all lead to one place. Replace him with some one who is competent, and do it in November!

Well, Lessee who else ought to be on the "Hit List" of Politicians who need to be replaced . . Besides Thiebault and his Bozos, there's "Didn't read it Nunez" our flunking County Commissioner, who's up for election this year, I believe . .

And while running down the potentials, I'm not impressed with Mr. Cordova either. He seems to be no more than a Democratic favor, and certainly not to the constituency . . The only thing he lacks to resemble a Democratic Rubber Stamp is the handle . . Another case of "The voters didn't have a chance!" And as an "Incumbent" he'll be pretty damned hard to unseat, if for no other reason, He's Brown, and has a vowel on the last letter of his name . .

While we're at it, Let's get rid of some of the other incumbents who have done little more than take up space in the halls of legislature, both State and Federal . .

And . . by the by, how about the $100 per car License Fee Ritter and the Democratic Legislature wants to hammer the Colorado Residents with?
    "A man with a firearm is a citizen... a man without one is a subject"

Talking about Nunez, did you read his question of something like "why would we want to hurt the community?"

FYI, Commissioner Nunez. You already have with you turning the Pueblo West Wal-Mart into a complete fiasco and losing hundreds upon hundreds of jobs that Pueblo needs not to mention making it seem like Pueblo is run by a bunch of Tweedledums and Tweedledees. (Which, mostly, it is but why advertise that to a multi-billion dollar world-wide corporation that would have provided several hundred jobs?) And all of this is not even mentioning the nepotism, cronyism and complete lack of understanding of any fiscal responsibility.

And about Cordova? Of course he is a rubber stamp. Would Nunez or Chostner, for that matter, have it any other way? If someone actually had any sense of intelligence, that person would immediately question and clash with the unethical and nonsensical cr*p currently infesting the county.

As for the $100 license plate, maybe someone needs to inform Governor Ritter that this is Colorado in the United States and not Dubai where mostly everyone is rich. Or, here's a thought! How about not funding elective procedures such as abortion and using that money for whatever project Ritter is so desperate to get money for.

Heh, heh . . regarding Ritter's (and the Democratic Legislature's) $100 "Tax", which will be known as a "Fee" to avoid the taxation laws of Colorado . . Hey, you people asked for 'em when you elected 'em!

Before Ritter was elected, we just had a "Tax and Spend" Legislature, dominated by Democrats, and now . . we gots a Guv'ner who really wants to "Tax and Spend" . .

Just wait till these Idiots elect a Democratic President (it won't matter much which one) who'll start redistributing the wealth of the country . . which never worked before, so there's no real need to try it again!

Default Thiebaut At it Again

I cannot believe the story in today's Chieftain! Evidently this is the best Pueblo can do for a District Attorney is to elect a bozo who will grant immunity to a six time convicted felon, who is accused of murder among other things and then release him from jail on a law abiding populace!
    Here are quotes from the Chieftain Article:

"Prosecutors granted immunity on a charge of first-degree murder Wednesday to a six-time convicted felon to guarantee his testimony as the star witness against two co-defendants.

Eric Dixon took the witness stand Wednesday and testified about a two-day crack cocaine binge, a chance meeting with a man who soon would be dead and the elaborate robbery plan he claims his cohorts hatched."

"At Wednesday's hearing, Prosecutor Cathy Mullens presented the court with a copy of Dixon's immunity agreement. It not only means Dixon will be spared prosecution for the homicide, but he also cut deals to dispose of two pending criminal cases - a felony identity theft indictment and a domestic violence charge.

In both cases, Dixon has been promised a sentence of probation."
    Last edited by Loren Swelk; 08-14-2008 at 09:27 AM. Reason: repeated word

Haven't we come to expect that from our Public Servants?

Thiebaut is turning out to be worse at making deals than was Monty Hall (Sandstrom) and the deals he makes seldom turns out any kind of conviction . . My bet that chance of conviction is 50% at best . .

Didja know also, that since taking Office, Sheriff Kirk Taylor has seen 84 (I didn't stutter) experienced Employees leave the Sheriff's Office and Jail. A turnover like that has to cost the county money, as well as taking a toll on efficiency and vigilance. I have it from a very good source that most of the Certified Officers (Deputies) are not happy campers . .

Looks like Thiebaut is getting ready to lose another big one. Four of the five charges dropped and the last one might have statute of limitations problems. It was not hard to find Anthony Paglione, he was always on the corner of Victoria and C streets doing business as usual. I guess Thiebaut Googled the wrong spelling for 5 years.
    From today's Chieftain.
    "The short memories of the American voters is what keeps our politicians in office." ~Will Rogers

I'm confused - I thought the statute of limitations began at the time of the occurence of the alleged offense and not when it was allegedly discovered?
    Opinions expressed by me are mine only and are not in any way, shape, or form representative of the Pueblo Chieftain or Pueblo Community Forums.

Evidently The D.A.'s office forgot to pay their LexisNexis bill. The judge will end up setting them straight.
    "The short memories of the American voters is what keeps our politicians in office." ~Will Rogers

Italian Court Explains Ruling Clearing Knox
    Published December 15, 2011
    AP/File

MILAN, Italy The Italian appeals court that overturned Amanda Knox's murder conviction in the slaying of her British roommate gave the reasons for its ruling on Thursday: the evidence that had been used by a lower court against the American and her Italian boyfriend just didn't hold up.
    Although they didn't disclose that Bill Thiebault and his Merry band of Bozos were the prosecutors, we believe that to be the case . .