Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 175

Thread: Disgusted by Teachers actions..

  1. #1

    Angry Disgusted by Teachers actions..

    article found here: http://www.chieftain.com/metro/1190874390/8


    Third grade teacher having sex with a minor and giving students booze??
    Why has society gone so far down the drain? Why do we have so many teachers ruining childrens lives these days and how can we fix it?
    What are your thoughts?

  2. #2
    Forum Royalty large's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Posts
    14,078

    Default

    Gotta tell ya. While it's not provable, I don't think any teen age boy's life is going to be wrecked by having sex with a teacher. The only wreck, eventually, would be the teacher . . when the Teen age boy tells all his buddies, which is probably more natural than the "Having Sex" part.

    And while I certainly, myself, don't condone it, it doesn't surprise me to any great extent . . But, for the life of me, I can't understand why a woman would jeopardize her professional status and the potential income it promises for something so trivial . . and stupid . .
    "A man with a firearm is a citizen... a man without one is a subject"

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    160

    Post Don't Stand So Close To Me Lyrics (The Police)

    Was the kid 17 or 18? Come on ! gesh , hey its every normal young mans dream. She was a bigger dummy to get the booze, Although she did cross the line so now she has to pay the rest of her for.





    The Police - Don't Stand So Close To Me Lyrics


    (Sting)
    Young teacher, the subject
    Of schoolgirl fantasy
    She wants him so badly
    Knows what she wants to be
    Inside her there's longing
    This girl's an open page
    Book marking - she's so close now
    This girl is half his age

    Don't stand, don't stand so
    Don't stand so close to me
    Don't stand, don't stand so
    Don't stand so close to me

    Her friends are so jealous
    You know how bad girls get
    Sometimes it's not so easy
    To be the teacher's pet
    Temptation, frustration
    So bad it makes him cry
    Wet bus stop, she's waiting
    His car is warm and dry

    Don't stand, don't stand so
    Don't stand so close to me
    Don't stand, don't stand so
    Don't stand so close to me

    Loose talk in the classroom
    To hurt they try and try
    Strong words in the staffroom
    The accusations fly
    It's no use, he sees her
    He starts to shake and cough
    Just like the old man in
    That book by Nabokov

    Don't stand, don't stand so
    Don't stand so close to me
    Don't stand, don't stand so
    Don't stand so close to me

    Don't stand, don't stand so
    Don't stand so close to me
    [Back:] (Please don't stand so close to me)
    (Repeat to fade)

  4. #4

    Default

    Oh I totally agree with both of you, what boy in his hormone addled brain wouldnt want something like that.
    Thing is, her pathetic attempt at remaining young has ruined/scarred many lives. She has a husband, She has two very young sons, look at the legacy she's handed them. Her sister is away at school. The one hurt most, the boys mother! She is a sweet, kind, God fearing woman that would do anything for her neighbors and community. Imagine the shame she feels now, my heart goes out to her and her younger children that look up to their big brother. So as much as this kid may get a notch in his "attaboy" belt, he has to look into their faces now and remember the shame too.
    As for her parents, they really shouldnt be trying to blame others.
    Last edited by PARENTinMANZY; 10-01-2007 at 11:03 PM. Reason: ignorance

  5. #5

    Default

    While I think crushes on teachers go way back -- remember the Leave It To Beaver episode where Theodore Cleaver had a crush on his teacher? -- I think it's a normal and almost healthy thing to develop a crush on a teacher at most any age, but I don't feel that it is normal or healthy for that "crush" to be exploited by the teacher. Teachers should know better, and while a young man may not think he's hurt by having sex with his teacher, he actually is in an emotional sense, it's something that's liable to show up a little later in life when the kid has matured to the point of understanding responsibility and trust.

    For someone in such a position of trust to do that to a student is just plain sick. Teachers are the leaders of our children, our children look up to them. What kind of message are our teachers giving our youngsters if they're having sex with them? Self esteem is the biggest thing that comes to mind.

    Often times a kid may think it's cool and brag about it, but that's because they don't realize the seriousness of what's happened. To shrug such a matter off and claim it isn't going to hurt the kid any is reprehensible!

    That's about as bad as saying that children who are being molested invite it somehow and that they enjoy it. It's really no different, because when a teacher engages in such acts with students it is molestation, or even the r-word.

    Parents need to teach their kids to respect themselves enough to set better boundaries, and if your kid does have a crush on the teacher, if it gets to the point where your kid is trying to have sex with that teacher, then something is wrong with your kid, because that's over the bounds of the innocent "crush" that is normal for kids, and has crossed the line from healthy to unhealthy.

    Teachers, as well, who develop crushes on their students are just plain sick all across the board and should be locked up with the key thrown away, whether it gets to the point of them trying to get sexual with them or not.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    79

    Cool Wysiwyg

    First of all, this is a shame. This 23 yr old girl has a family, and would seem she hadn't considered the consequences of her actions. (Assuming the allegations are true.) I have to wonder if she has some self confidence issues. Ultimately, it is wrong for a teacher who is in a position of trust to partake in such activities.

    Here's kinda where it is awkward to draw a line. In the state of Colorado, the age of consent for a Boy is 15, and a girl is 17. This would imply to me that boys are more mature to have made the conscious decision at age 15, and a girl doesn't reach that level a maturity until age 17. That's a big gap, and though everyone matures at different times throughout life, I've always thought that most girls matured at an earlier age than boys. (I know that I sometimes am amazed at the immaturity of guys in their late 20's, and can't recall a girl or woman over the age of 18 who was not mature.)

    There is also a level of unfair statistical data that is offered. We see most of these cases with female teachers to male students. Unfortunately, when this sort of instance occurs with a girl, she is more likely to keep it a secret, not tell anyone. Girls take a modest position, and nobody usually finds out. Boys are anything but modest. If sex did occur, they are telling their buddies. If sex didn't occur, they're telling their buddies it did. Guys seem to think that having sex is like winning the state trophy. Some boys are so concerned with this image that they perpetuate the lies even when he knows someone could go to jail for that lie.) Sometimes a lie can get out of control, and create a mess that, for the families involved, isn't an easy event to put behind you.

    Another difference to bring up is that lies boy tell aren't intended to harm anyone, only to boost their self image when related to sex claims or stories. As for girls, they often (as a whole from my experience) get vengeful. They want love, and when that love is taken away by someone else, or what could seem like someone else, the are out to ruin that person. (Regardless of Guilt or innocence.) These are usually the girls whose parents coddled them and spoiled them to no end. (The over dramatic ones and at the overkill of the definition I am giving)

    I was under the impression that this story actually began to unfold after the boy involved had broken up with his girlfriend. That girlfriend (whomever she may be) began spreading rumors. First the rumor was that he was gay or something to that affect. Later, rumors about alcohol began to surface. Seems that the mother of this girl had been so infactuated with the attention her data and she had been getting, that suddenly the sex accusations arose. Then something about Truth or Dare with the Volleyball team during an overnight stay in the school by an anonymous source.

    This really truly has the makings of an Afterschool special, hosted by Jerry Springer. Sadly, many people suffer because of lies. Not just the people who are involved, but for people who things such as this happen to against their will. So when someone cries out "WOLF!" nobody believes the person until it's too late. I can't imagine living with myself if I had cried wolf so many times, that when someone needed to be saved from a wolf, people ignored the cries.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    79

    Default Pondered beyond belief...

    Quote Originally Posted by PARENTinMANZY View Post
    She has a husband, he works @ the local prison, imagine his life now....
    She has two very young sons, look at the legacy she's handed them. Her sister is away at school but evidently their very much alike in their choices.
    It's not appropriate to post personal information about people without there permission. But I am thinking you have some personal grief with the family. I don't recall any information about a sister being involved. And why are you attacking the teachers sister? That's an accusation I believe. Who are you?

    Quote Originally Posted by PARENTinMANZY View Post
    The one hurt most, the boys mother! She is a sweet, kind, God fearing woman that would do anything for her neighbors and community. Imagine the shame she feels now, my heart goes out to her and her younger children that look up to their big brother.
    I'm confused. Why does she fear God? Did she say OMG when she found out? I think he would be forgiving about this. Just as long as she refrains from future blasphemy.

    Quote Originally Posted by PARENTinMANZY View Post
    So as much as this kid may get a notch in his "attaboy" belt, he has to look into their faces now and remember the shame too.
    What shame? Nobody considers what the boy did as truly wrong. He's a victim of his hormones. And will be for most of his life. (Heaven forbid if they find a way to extend the potency of horomones to make you feel young again. (Next evolutionary step of Viagra)

    Quote Originally Posted by PARENTinMANZY View Post
    As for her parents, they really shouldnt be trying to blame others for the mess in their own back yard....
    Hmmm, they must have horses. I hate that mess.

    PARENTinMANZY:
    Honestly, prior to seeing your posts, I was surely convinced that this was another case of Teacher shame on you. But your posts seem to be of a more personal vendetta or spite against the teacher and her family. Ultimately, it was when you mentioned her sister in an attempt to discredit her by relation/association. I smell a rat.

    Gene

  8. #8

    Default

    Gene, where do you get your information about the age of consent for a boy and a girl?

    The age of consent in Colorado is actually a grey area between the ages of 15 an 17, and is not gender specific, as you claim.

    If a kid is under the age of 15, and the person they're having sex with is at least 4 years older, then that's a no-no.

    If the kid is between 15 and 17, and the person is at least 10 years older, then that, too, is a no-no.

    For further information, see

    CRS 18-3-402 (1) (d), (1) (e)

    18-3-402. Sexual assault.

    (1) Any actor who knowingly inflicts sexual intrusion or sexual penetration on a victim commits sexual assault if:

    (d) At the time of the commission of the act, the victim is less than fifteen years of age and the actor is at least four years older than the victim and is not the spouse of the victim; or

    (e) At the time of the commission of the act, the victim is at least fifteen years of age but less than seventeen years of age and the actor is at least ten years older than the victim and is not the spouse of the victim;
    By the way, girls mature faster than boys, not the other way around, as you insinuate. However, such a law making the age of consent higher for girls could very well serve to protect them from adult predators who would coerce them then claim the act was consensual, which is their usual defense. Raising the age of consent would make it easier to prosecute adult sexual predators who prey on teenage girls, and trust me, there are plenty of those adult sexual predators out there.

  9. #9

    Default

    By the way, Gene, you're correct about the boys who will lie about sexual encounters, but you're as far off base as you can be about the girls.

    If girls don't say anything, it's not because they're being modest, it's because they're afraid that no one will believe them and that it's their fault. They feel they've been shamed, too.

    Generally, and even in today's age where parents are urged to pay more attention to their daughters when they come forth with such a thing, girls are still squelched. They're either not believed or they're chastised for "coming on" to the perp or wearing the wrong clothing, or whatever.

    Yet for a boy, who gets after them? His friends pat him on the back rather than chastise him or look down their nose at him, as the girls' friends or parents may do.

    Girls are more often accused of making things up than boys, as well. There is still, even today, a double standard concerning what's acceptable for girls and boys.

    Your remark about girls becoming vengeful because they were coddled by their parents is so far from the truth that I can't believe you had the audacity to even post that. Do you have an ax to grind against females for some reason? If a girl is sexually assaulted and she becomes vengeful it's because of her hurt and pain, not because she was coddled by her parents.

    If you're not talking about the vengefulness in relation to sexual assault, girls who are vengeful, just like boys who are, are usually insecure and that doesn't have anything to do with whether they were "coddled", it's more that they have not been equipped with the necessary social skills to get along with others. If kids see father or mother acting jealous or abusive with each other, they are teaching that to their kids, and that's generally where kids learn to be insecure, because their parents are not modeling appropriate behaviors nor are they setting or teaching their children appropriate boundaries and social skills.

    Also, I'd like to address this remark you made:
    What shame? Nobody considers what the boy did as truly wrong. He's a victim of his hormones. And will be for most of his life. (Heaven forbid if they find a way to extend the potency of horomones to make you feel young again. (Next evolutionary step of Viagra)
    This boy is not the victim of his hormones, he's the victim of the teacher/vollyball coach. While he may have hormones that may rule his life in general, his teacher being in a position of trust is at fault, not the boy. The teacher, being older and in a position of trust knows better. While the boy may know right from wrong, the responsibility falls on the shoulders of the teacher and not on the boy, unless the boy raped the teacher, and I have seen such cases.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    79

    Exclamation Oh, duh, read and ye shall understand. Sorry...

    Quote Originally Posted by Lexi View Post
    Gene, where do you get your information about the age of consent for a boy and a girl?
    I found it on:

    Quote Originally Posted by http://www.ageofconsent.com
    State Male-Female Sex Male-Male Sex Female-Female Sex
    California 18 18 18
    Colorado 15/17 17 17
    Connecticut 16 16 16
    I took the way that Colorado was listing, that 15 was for male 17 for female. It actually means that documentation exists to show that the age is 17 and 15. (Depending on circumstances)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lexi View Post
    However, such a law making the age of consent higher for girls could very well serve to protect them from adult predators who would coerce them then claim the act was consensual, which is their usual defense. Raising the age of consent would make it easier to prosecute adult sexual predators who prey on teenage girls, and trust me, there are plenty of those adult sexual predators out there.
    Perhaps it could, however, Kids stop being kids at some point. Not to parents usually, cause they'll always be kids. And parents will always be old enough to perpetuate "Cause I said so." But when do we let kids grow up and be responsible for the actions that lead up to their actions? You can't pass laws saying a 16 year old is too young to consent to sex, then allow a 14 year old to be tried as an adult implying he knew better? Either they are responsible for themselves the day you leave them home alone, or you might as well change your 16 yr old diaper. No sense in teaching him self sufficiency.

    Does anyone know how old the boy was in the case mentioned here? I can't seem to find any reference to age. They seem to be keeping that information from the public.

    Thanks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •