Thread: Colonoscopies

Thumbs down Colonoscopies

Published: Friday September 21
    Fear of serious kidney damage detterring needed colonoscopies

This article is talking about phosphs-soda causing kidney damge. It is used by a patient in preparation for a colonscopy. I don't think that people are putting themselves at a greater risk by not getting a colonoscopy. My mother went in for a colonoscopy 4 years ago. She did the prep and went in for colonoscopy, the Dr. told her that her system was not cleaned out enough and she would have to prep again and come back in 5 days. She did the 2nd prep and went in for the colonoscopy at 1:00 p.m. The Dr. did the 2nd colonoscopy and perforated my mothers colon in two places. She ended up in emergency surgery at Parkview Medical Center. By just after midnight, only 11 hours after her scheduled appointment, my mother died. My life has never been the same since. Do some research on your Dr. before having this procedure done. This Dr. is still practicing in Pueblo.
    Last edited by Denise Gurule; 09-27-2007 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Denise Gurule View Post

This article is talking about phosphs-soda causing kidney damge. It is used by a patient in preparation for a colonscopy. I don't think that people are putting themselves at a greater risk by not getting a colonoscopy. My mother went in for a colonoscopy 4 years ago. She did the prep and went in for colonoscopy, the Dr. told her that her system was not cleaned out enough and she would have to prep again and come back in 5 days. She did the 2nd prep and went in for the colonoscopy at 1:00 p.m. The Dr. did the 2nd colonoscopy and perforated my mothers colon in two places. She ended up in emergency surgery at Parkview Medical Center. By just after midnight, only 11 hours after her scheduled appointment, my mother died. My life has never been the same since. Do some research on your Dr. before have this procedure done.
    Nobody's touchin my *** :|

Quote Originally Posted by Denise Gurule View Post

This article is talking about phosphs-soda causing kidney damge. It is used by a patient in preparation for a colonscopy. I don't think that people are putting themselves at a greater risk by not getting a colonoscopy. My mother went in for a colonoscopy 4 years ago. She did the prep and went in for colonoscopy, the Dr. told her that her system was not cleaned out enough and she would have to prep again and come back in 5 days. She did the 2nd prep and went in for the colonoscopy at 1:00 p.m. The Dr. did the 2nd colonoscopy and perforated my mothers colon in two places. She ended up in emergency surgery at Parkview Medical Center. By just after midnight, only 11 hours after her scheduled appointment, my mother died. My life has never been the same since. Do some research on your Dr. before having this procedure done.
    Our condolences.

In as many weeks, this is the third time I've heard of the Doctor "Perforating the bowel" of a patient during a Colonoscopy . . Kind of a shaky deal, really. I'm slated for one in the near future and while the procedure was "Sold" to me as a simple "maintenance" procedure made comfortable with a general anesthetic and Versed . .

Now . . I'm not so sure about that . .
    "A man with a firearm is a citizen... a man without one is a subject"

If they can breed-out whatever it is in pot that makes people act stupid after they've smoked it, along with that horrible, nauseating odor, I'll stop fighting so hard against it. I'll still fight against it, just not as hard. lol

Hey, Lexi, wrong thread . . We're talking about A$$holes, not the stuff they smoke!

heh, heh . . .
    "A man with a firearm is a citizen... a man without one is a subject"

Ack! How'd that post get here? It was supposed to be on the marijuana thread. BRIANNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you're still running this thing, would you please move my post to the appropriate topic? Thnx

lol

OK, well, on the subject then, how many of you (and please be honest) woke up this morning (or any morning) thinking, "Today would be a good day for a colonoscopy. I think I'll run right out and get one."

And would they feel better if pot were legal? lol

lol