Thread: Chuck Green on Immigration Bill

Default Chuck Green on Immigration Bill

Poor Chuck, the fired/retired columnist for the Denver Post apparently overlooked the usual practice of reading a proposed law before bitching about it.

Nowhere in the proposed legislation on immigration reform is there any provision requiring medical checks on millions of foreign nationals who would be admitted to the United States.
    Trouble for Chuck - he's wrong on the facts. If he'd read the proposal, he'd find this directly contradictory language:

(4) MEDICAL EXAMINATION. -- The alien shall undergo a medical examination (including a determination of immunization status), at the alien's expense, that conforms to generally accepted standards of medical practice.
    I don't especially care about Mr. Green's sloppy research. I'm more interested in whether the echolaliacs on the Chieftain's editorial board address his error.

ZC
    "The founding fathers, in their wisdom, devised a method by which our republic can take one hundred of its most prominent numbskulls and keep them out of the private sector where they might do actual harm." -- P.J. O'Rourke

Default Chuck

Why don't you just go have a talk with Chuck yourself? He's a reasonable man.

As far as being fired/retired, who cares? I've been fired, actually I think the official wording was laid off. That doesn't mean that I'm gonna stop trying. Are you saying that he's not qualified or worthy to write for this rag here in Pueblo?

Like my dad says, "If you can't believe what you read in the paper, what can you believe"?

Quote Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
    Why don't you just go have a talk with Chuck yourself? He's a reasonable man.
    A "reasonable man" writes an op-ed without doing elementary research?

My real ***** is with the Chieftain editorial board. I'm pretty sure the Republican National Committee has enough paid media so as to not require volunteers. Simple re-writes of talking points don't qualify as original, considered opinion. Failure to comment on factual errors in its leading columnists is evidence of the Chieftain's predispositions.

ZC
    "The founding fathers, in their wisdom, devised a method by which our republic can take one hundred of its most prominent numbskulls and keep them out of the private sector where they might do actual harm." -- P.J. O'Rourke

The guy may be totally wrong and/or full of K-wrap, but he's an acquaintance of mine. That doesn't mean that we know each other or that he's my friend. I "see the world" about 98% differently than he does on other non-political (at least they are non-political for me) issues. So I don't agree with the guy or his tactics. I just don't read him. It just seems weird to see someone so personally attacked in a forum like this. Maybe that's the consequence of fame, or infammy, as the case may be.

Instead, all of the writers should have a poll after their articles:

Writer Rating:
    Totally Suk'd 1)__ 2)__ 3)__ 4)__ 5)__ Totally Phat

That way, you can be somewhat impersonal and yet, get your opinion across. Wow, I think I'm on to something here.

Quote Originally Posted by Zen Curmudgeon View Post
    A "reasonable man" writes an op-ed without doing elementary research?

My real ***** is with the Chieftain editorial board. I'm pretty sure the Republican National Committee has enough paid media so as to not require volunteers. Simple re-writes of talking points don't qualify as original, considered opinion. Failure to comment on factual errors in its leading columnists is evidence of the Chieftain's predispositions.

ZC

Hmmm, Ole Chuck retired from the newspaper business . . and you've never been in the business . .

I'll have to tell him that he's gone and upset an amateur! Or would you prefer I refer to you as a Wikkipedia Blogger and retired Nurse . . ?

Want me to have Henson call you also? I'm sure he can use all the advice he can get on running the paper . . and is looking forward to hearing new ideas.
    "A man with a firearm is a citizen... a man without one is a subject"