Thread: Education VS. Sports

Default Education VS. Sports

I know of a town that schedules school sports events several times a year and the whole school is cancled on those days. After Christmas break the kids have almost a 4 day week every week untill the end of school. There was one week all the parents received a notice only a couple days prior , that school was letting out half a day early because on the following day there was a out of town school sports event and they wanted to give familys enough travel time. Why not just do the 5 day school week and let kids out for summer break sooner. This creates a lot of child care difficulty.Why does the entire school let out instead of the kids who participate? This to me is unexceptable, maybe I'm being a little over opinionated what do you think? Where do you think the schools priority is?
    Remember words can be hurtful, so be sensitive to others feelings!!!

I know of a town that schedules school sports events several times a year and the whole school is cancled on those days
    Oh? What town is this? And, do you live there?

This to me is unexceptable,
    Do you mean, unacceptable? If so, why is this? Do you pay taxes that fund this school? Do the other parents feel the same way?

By the way, I noticed your signature. It says, "Patients is the key to LIFE'S sucess."

Do you mean "patience", or do you work in a Dr's office? (Cute play on words!)